Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is nicole, i live in hamilton, Ont mina is 6months old weighs about 7 lbs, I just discoved she has fleas most likely from digging in the sand at the park :( . gonna get some advantage today. and kill my house with the stinky vac.

take care
niki :wave:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Awww she looks gorgeous!
I love her white eyebrows, so cute :)
You look pretty too.

Don't worry about the flea's, i'm sure you'll get em!
They're such a pain aren't they?
You can't just apply the treatment to the dog, you have to clean and hoover and spray the whole house too!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Mina

Welcome :wave: Cute pics and lovely name :wave:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
awww she's gorgeous! Hope you get rid of them pesky fleas soon! they drive you mad dont they!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
welcome :wave: you have a very pretty baby :) i'd get a fogger and do the house as well as treating her. before doing any flea treatment on her i'd use a d'limonene shampoo to kill any fleas on her. when you just put a flea treatment not all of them die right away and they can still bite your dog before they die. the d'limonene shampoo works instantly to kill any fleas. good luck :wave: fleas are such a pain! especially sand fleas! :evil:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i live in canada and i dont think i've herd of d'limonene shampoo. i'm going to the pet store on friday with my kids to spoil the dog, so i'll look for it there. here in canada i use a product call advantage which kills fieas right away it also has heart worm protection and will kill any mite or what ever else. i usually give it to her once a month but i did not in july, i also gave her a few baths so there was no meds on her left. so it was my fault she got them. i knew she love to play in water,dirt and sand.
thanks for all the nice comments every one :D :D :D

niki

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
nikilee1 said:
well i live in canada and i dont think i've herd of d'limonene shampoo. i'm going to the pet store on friday with my kids to spoil the dog, so i'll look for it there. here in canada i use a product call advantage which kills fieas right away it also has heart worm protection and will kill any mite or what ever else. i usually give it to her once a month but i did not in july, i also gave her a few baths so there was no meds on her left. so it was my fault she got them. i knew she love to play in water,dirt and sand.
thanks for all the nice comments every one :D :D :D

niki
you can get the d'limonene off the internet it's a great flea shampoo. i've had to use it MANY times this summer since i work in a groomers salon, lot's of flea infestations going on this summer. we have advantage here, but i'm not too familiar with it, i use revolution myself. and they can be bathed with their flea protection on (like advantage and revolution and frontline) throughout the month that they are protected with it. you mention you didn't put it on her in july, so it was that and not the baths :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts