Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one, a little advice please, I have a year old chi, but when she was about six months I took her over my mums, who has a huge ginger cat called Henry, I had been over with her a couple of times but this particular time my mums cat totally went for her, pounced on her and got her round the throat, she screened and wet herself terrified, it happened so quickly, I pulled him off in seconds, she didn't need to go to the vet, it was misty shock, anyway. She has forgotten it all now and we go over my mums but I deardent put her on the floor if henrys around, the trouble I have is my mum won't ever have her if I go on hol unless she puts Henry in a cattery, I just want then all to get along but I'm too scared to put her down when hes there,

Now you know my life story does anyone have any ideas? I know people say put then together and see what happens, but I know what's happened before. He's not normally an aggressive boy.

Please help me xxxx

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
It seems that Henry really doesn't want your chi around!! The only thing I can say, is bring a carrier to your Mom's house and put your chi in it. She can still see you and would be comfy, and she would be safe from Henry. Sue

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
There probably isn't much you can do about Henry's aggression. It is his territory, after all. That's very unusual for a cat, though...My cat has a really nasty temperament, but he steers clear of my dogs. (So much so that he's laying at the top of the stairs right now waiting for us to take the dogs to bed with us so he can enjoy the downstairs!)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
If Henry is that aggressive towards your chi, it's unlikely they are ever going to be friends. Likely the best outcome is that Henry will come to tolerate your dog. Either that, or your dog is going to decide she's had enough, and will attack Henry. It's unlikely she will ever outweigh Henry, unless he's a particularly small cat and she a large chi, so regardless Henry is probably going to continue to win any fight they get into.

·
Registered
26 Posts
it has taken awhile but since we brought Chico to stay with us while my/his parents are away on holiday , he has been getting bored of chasing the cats.

They also got bored of hissing at him and just watch him walk past.

Occasionally they growl at him if he gets too close but it looks like the initial " feeling out " process is over and now they dont really care to hiss or growl at each other.

Maybe once Henry knows its ok for your Chi to be around he will get bored of trying to make his territory known?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts