Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple and i were playing, she ran up to my lap and i started petting her and then she just fell lifeless to the ground....like her legs gave out from uner her and she was not alive.....at first i didnt realise so i gave her a little nudge and she just flopped over like a rag doll and was motionless.....i have never been so terrified in my life....after about 3 seonds of me screaming she woke back up and started runnign around like nothing had happened.....i have NEVER experienced this before in my life....i called the vet and they said if she is acting normal then its not a rush to bring her in tongiht but to definatly bring her in tommorow......

has anyone had this happen to them before....she was literally lifeless....
i feel sick to my stomach!!
anyone know what could have caused this???
i already got one opinion from the vet clinic but im looking for 2nd 3rd 4th opinion because im freaking out!

please if anyone can give me advice or any info i would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have advice for you. That is so scary! My little girl was having a dream earlier, and I thought she was having a chi size seizure, but I hear that's a normal dream behavior for them. I hope Apple is ok! Keep us posted if u find out anything.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That sounds so scary!! Maybe some kind of stroke? Or seizure? But very weird that she would recover instantly like that as if nothing happened. Good that she did though!!
Perhaps she fainted? Has she had problems with hypoglycemia?

·
Registered
6,831 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
How scary. Thank God she is ok. I really have no advice nor have I heard of something like this happening before. All I can think of is either a sugar drop or perhaps a respiratory issue. Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Milo did this once when he was running & running outside...he flopped over & didn't move for a few seconds. I actually got it on video--if I can find it in the morning I'll post it. That was the only time it happened...I think he just over heated himself by over doing it. :) I hope it's the same case with your baby & not something more serious!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi oh my goodness ive never heard of such a thing i bet you were scared so glad shes fine again awiting to read more to learn about this one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts