Chihuahua People Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Stephanie and I love Chihuahuas. Between my parents and I we have 8 of them, and as of today I have 3 new little members of the family. My baby Bella is a "blue" Chihuahua which Ive been told are pretty rare and are kinda hard to breed, she has 3 babies today that are all Blues also so its cool. I also have a tea cup named Caprice, and 2 boys named Scrappy and Gordo (not to mention my parents Chihuahuas).

This is Bella when she was a baby. :D

This is Scrappy

Scrappy and Bella together.

This is Caprice

This is Gordo

Baby number 2 comin out. I love the feet, too cute. :)

The 3 new babies as of today. They are all blue like Bella. :) All boys

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Awww...cute babies, I love the blues...although I'm partial because of Zoey! You do have to be careful though as if not bred right (don't breed to another dilute color & know the lines) they can produce CDA (Color Dilution Alopecia) which is what Zoey has --it makes her blue hair sparse and fall out and she's prone to skin infections.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Hello and welcome. What lovely pics, your chi's are adorable. :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome, your chis are lovely.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Very sweet welcome to the forum!!! Btw there's no such thing as a teacup chihuahua it's a marketing ploy the breed standard is between 2 ad 6lb

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome, very cute pics! Wasn't expecting the birth one in there O_O lol
You have some very cute Chi's there! :D

Just wanted to add that there is no such thing as a teacup Chihuahua or any breed. I know that there are lots of people who read this forum and don't post, and some come for information and I wouldnt want anyone getting confused.
Also, no colour is rare. Again I don't want people to read this and think its ok to pay thousands for a Chihuahua that is supposedly "rare".
We recently had another thread on this :)

I hope I don't come off as rude, I really don't mean to.

Welcome again :)

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Hey and welcome you have some cute babies.I love Bella as I have a little blue tri color he has CDA he barely has any hair but he is the sweetest baby so watch your pups they might loose their hair but it want matter they will still be very cute.I love my Harry just the way he is I wouldn't change a thing about him.
I think if they are going to loose hair it happens at about 6months.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts

Just wanted to add that there is no such thing as a teacup Chihuahua or any breed. I know that there are lots of people who read this forum and don't post, and some come for information and I wouldnt want anyone getting confused.
Also, no colour is rare. Again I don't want people to read this and think its ok to pay thousands for a Chihuahua that is supposedly "rare".

Very well put, I am a classified addict and there are over a dozen of these 'so called' rare blues on the local classifieds site.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Very well put, I am a classified addict and there are over a dozen of these 'so called' rare blues on the local classifieds site.
Haha me too! Gotta get my Chi pup fix!

I see it all the time too, over here. I've noticed people actually saying "rare blue- good for breeding". Its just shocking what people will do for money!

Sorry to go off topic!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Your chis are so adorable! The pic of the two cuddling is the BEST!!!!
I am very jealous that you guys have 8 chis!!! hehe...with my bf it was a struggle to convince him to let me have TWO! haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1st off thank you all for your comments, they are my babies.
Awww...cute babies, I love the blues...although I'm partial because of Zoey! You do have to be careful though as if not bred right (don't breed to another dilute color & know the lines) they can produce CDA (Color Dilution Alopecia) which is what Zoey has --it makes her blue hair sparse and fall out and she's prone to skin infections.
Yes I read all about it when I googled it, I have never seen another grey Chihuahua, nor has anyone whos has seen mine. So I googled it and everything that comes up says they are hard to get and "rare" and that they mostly sell for $3000 or more and it said the same thing on 5 sites that I found so thats where I got it. I also read about the skin problems, Bella is perfectly fine, her Blue sister has a problem sometimes but not Bella, and the father is Scrappy (the brown one) so I hope they will be fine like Bella.
Very sweet welcome to the forum!!! Btw there's no such thing as a teacup chihuahua it's a marketing ploy the breed standard is between 2 ad 6lb
I know, I say tea cup because most people know them as that. And btw I have a 26lb and 23lb Chihuahua. None of mine are under 6lbs except Caprice.

Again I know, and the "rare" Blue comes from me never seeing another one before. Even when I googled it all the pics that showed up were of ones that had other colors too like brown and white, my Bella is all gray from head to toe. :) And I had to add the birth pic because it was too cute with the feet.
Your chis are so adorable! The pic of the two cuddling is the BEST!!!!
I am very jealous that you guys have 8 chis!!! hehe...with my bf it was a struggle to convince him to let me have TWO! haha
Ya, I had to take a pic of them because that is a very rare moment for them 2 to cuddle like that. lol. Well I only have 4 at my house, the other 4 are at my parents house. :)

Although I had 3 beautiful babies yesterday today is a sad day for me. I actually just got home from the vet, I had to bring Bella in today because she has been pushing since the last baby came out yesterday around 10:30am so something was stuck, either another puppy or afterbirth (I didnt know). The vet felt another puppy in there and gave her an emergency C section, sure enough there was still a baby in there but he didnt make it, they think he died maybe even before she had the others. :( So Bella had 4 boys. :(

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Hi and welcome!
Such gorgeous chi babies all of them!
I loved seeing the wee feet at the birth, how cute!
The black chi reminds me of my Dillon hehe!!

My Darla is a blue tri, i was lucky cause her breeder doesnt see that as rare so charges the same for all colours and sexes aswell.
Some dont sadly and are just out to make money.
Anyway i look forward to seeing lots more pics of your gorgeous wee crew, especially those puppies!!
Oh and sorry about the wee guy that didnt make it.:( xx

·
Registered
912 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about that "surprise" boy... You probably got Bella to the vet just in time. Things could have gone terribly different...
Did the vet spay her during her c-section?..

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
1st off thank you all for your comments, they are my babies.

Yes I read all about it when I googled it, I have never seen another grey Chihuahua, nor has anyone whos has seen mine. So I googled it and everything that comes up says they are hard to get and "rare" and that they mostly sell for $3000 or more and it said the same thing on 5 sites that I found so thats where I got it. I also read about the skin problems, Bella is perfectly fine, her Blue sister has a problem sometimes but not Bella, and the father is Scrappy (the brown one) so I hope they will be fine like Bella.

:(
Sorry about your loss of the puppy. I hope that all the rest continue to do well. I have never seen a pure blue chihuahua go for $3000.00 except by uneducated breeders who are only in it for the money. Brown is considered a dilute color. If Bella's sister has problems with her skin it is in Bella's lines, you NEED to make sure you let ALL the puppy buyers aware that there is a problem in lines. It is not fun to find out at about 6 months old that your little blue puppy is going to go bald and have sparse parts of coat, or if they chose to breed their little boy that he produces puppies with the problems. Zoeys breeder was unscrupulous, didn't research and bred a fawn to a chocolate and since it was in her lines, Zoey has CDA, not every puppy will be affected as Zoey has a sister who's normal, however I found out that her grandfather had produced puppies with CDA and he was a show dog. It made me sick to think that they knew there was a problem, but they chose not to do anything about it. Zoey was spayed, even though she is a blue not only because she doesn't fit breed standard, but no way would I want any of her health problems wished onto another puppy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.