Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just received a little service dog named snow. Her previous owners used to feed her nothing people food, so my wife and I are trying to get her to eat some dry dog food, and she has an appetite, and she hasn't gone potty in 2 days. Has anyone ran across this problem? She's also acting lethargic, but then gets playful its back and forth, or are there certain foods, that would help her have bowel movements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife and I just received a little service dog named snow. Her previous owners used to feed her nothing people food, so my wife and I are trying to get her to eat some dry dog food, and she has an appetite, and she hasn't gone potty in 2 days. Has anyone ran across this problem? She's also acting lethargic, but then gets playful its back and forth, or are there certain foods, that would help her have bowel movements.
I think what you need to get your dog is some canned dog food. I recommend Hills Science Diet, they have several different kinds for different situations. Your dog needs some moisture in her stomach. Ask a vet what kind you should feed. Might check her also for a blockage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, we started feeding her freshpet, and she's been eating two meals a day for the last 4 days and she's pooping regularly now. We also give her baby pumpkin puree, when she constipated, just a spoonful will do, or otherwise they'll definitely poop plenty. Thank you so much for answering

1 - 3 of 3 Posts