Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gustav is now a Catagory three storm, Bah!
Well, my son just called and he returned from work at 2 am this morning after evacuating his workplace all the way down to the fax machine.
He said everything is on boats to get the heck out of dodge, not waiting for the formal evac. orders. Now he and my DIL are getting things in the house out and packing everything that cannot be replaced. During Katrina the back of his MIL house was blown off and a lot of loss but, everyone was smart enough to leave the state early. I am proud that he is caring for his young family (kids ages 8, 5, 4 & 2) and in laws.
He called to let me know their plans and will call again when they leave for TX. (family there) in a couple days. Please keep them and the rest of the families in the Gulf Coast in your thoughts and if you pray now is a good time.
Thanks for reading, I am just a bit anxious as I am not there with them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ginger, I am sending positive thoughts their way. I hope all is well with them. I am sure they will be fine. It will be hard dealing with all that comes. But is seems that the Louisiana people seem to be pretty tough. Hopefully our country will help them out a lot better than they did the last time. Take care and know that you and your family are in my thoughts. Ginger, Duke, and Diablo

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your positive thoughts & prayers (I know all of
the citizens living there would be thankful).
I have just looked at the National Hurricane Center update
and the storm is now a strong catagory 4. Catagory 5 is the highest
and at 145 mph winds (now) it will hit that on the open water (soon).
It will also make landfall in Southern LA. by monday
instead of tuesday night like first thought.

I did see an update in New Orleans and people who have no transportation are being picked up at their homes and moved on buses & trains to North Louisiana. I am so happy to see this happening even though there are long waiting lines. My heart is heavy when I think of all those who have not yet recovered from 3 years ago.

I know my son and his family will be safe
and I know he will help someone else along the way.
Thanks for allowing me this departure of subject matter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Prayers for all the folks in the path of Nasty Gustav.

I hope your family will be safe. My daughter and son in law live in Houston. Hoping they are out of Gustav.

Hugs,

Mary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts