Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have type 1 diabetes and my blood sugar gets low at night and in the early morning frequently my hubby travels and when my kids aren't around the only things to help me are my chis. Last week Poco was roaming the bed just wouldn't sleep was trying to do everything to wake me up. I felt like I was paralyzed like I was on a drug and was glued to the bed but finally when I got my wits about me I new my blood sugar was low. Bella does the same except she has a different technique she stands right in my face like an inch from me and stares at me until I get up. All I can say is if it wasn't for my babies waking me up who knows what could have happened.

·
Registered
587 Posts
wow thats amazing, it is really amazing how dogs have that sixth sense you know? Wow, glad everything is ok and you have such wonderful furbabies!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I have MS and Cooper is a trained assistance dog. He has, in the recent past, started to recognize my "episodes" before I even know they're coming and he'll stick to me like glue until they've passed.

Now that I know how he reacts to them, I will keep an eye on him if I'm folding laundry or cleaning the kitchen (yeah, right... I don't clean, who am I kidding?) and if he starts acting in that way, I'll sit down before it hits so I don't lose my balance ... or worse.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
ChiChiMomma said:
chiscrochetcrazy said:
Wow good for cooper :) Seriously chis are little angels with fur I think if someone who was depressed had noone but a chi that little chi could keep them going and give them a reason to live.
That is so true :angel2:
Yes they are truly beautiful little angels. I feel really blessed to have mine. :angel5: :angel8:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts