Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Chuy is not feeling so great. We've been at the vet for the past 2 days. He started by hunching over by our door and shaking. Vet said he had a small case of Gastroenteritis. Nothing abnormal came up on his blood or fecal exams. They put him on ID (RX food) and sent us home.

He kept shaking through the night which really worried me. Still a little lethargic but better.

I noticed the shaking again today after he would eat. Long story short, they found small specs on the x ray in his stomach. Vet said it could be small gravel or similiar type particals. He's eating/drinking, and using the bathroom normally.

I just hate to see him like this and wish I could just take all the pain away. I know my fellow Chi people would understand :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm so sorry. :< It's no fun when they're sick. What's the Vet going to do for the particles in his stomach? Will they eventually pass, or what?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all! We ended up having to take him to the ER vet last night. He started regurgitating and they said that was a bad sign. He did it 5 times in one hour.

He was admitted overnight and they ran all the tests and x-rays again. The ER vet had the same results as Banfield. They want to do an ultrasound of his tummy and throat to make sure their not missing anything.

So, we still don't have a solid answer. They haven't given a reason why the particles aren't passing either.

Is it bad that I slept with his favorite toy last night? lol. I miss him so much. He makes this house a home. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Poor sweetie! I hope he is feeling better soon! I bet you were very worried with him shaking like that! Glad you got him to the vet and hope this passes for him soon!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dragonfly. That means a lot! I just wish I could take the pain away. I'd rather be sick than to see him this way.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh bless him i had similar with Lily when she was 12 weeks old she had been eating soil out of a flower pot that impacted in her stomach,got her to the vets that night she stayed in over night and luckily she passed the soil and was better,hope your little boy does the same.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
There is nothing worse than seeing our babies in pain but at least you didn't wait and went to the vet straight away.

He is in good hands and believe me I know how hard it is for you not being with him to cuddle up with.

Thinking of you both

Deme x

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Poor Chuy. I hope he feels better soon. :(
Its never easy to see them like this. Just hang tight if he sees you worried he will be too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. We've decided to keep him one more night in the hospital for IV and medicene treatment. They think that might help pass what ever is blocking his stomach.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our Chi just spent 4 days in ICU at the hospital. We heard other dogs were in there because they ate something they shouldn't have. The ER hospital did surgery on several of the dogs to remove the objects. Definitely visit your Chi in the hospital (we went every morning and then again at night to let her know we had not abandoned her and to sing to her and check on how she was being treated). Also, we brought her favorite toys and they left them in her cage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awww! I hear that a lot with the young ones. We are on the way to visit and he might be getting released today!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am so sorry Chuy is not well. How is doing today? I hope he is much better (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
162 Posts
How are you and your baby boy? Update?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I LOVE this forum! Thank you all for the kinds words during this time. Chuy is back home and seems to be doing really well. I'll put an update post soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts