Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope some of you will understand when I say, my chi has brought me out of a serious depression. I have been battling it for the last several months, and we got her this past weekend. I feel like I have a purpose in my life. My husband knew I needed something, so when I asked if we could have her, he said yes. I am so happy he understands that I need her to take care of. I am glad you are all here for me to talk to. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I'm glad that little Cricket helped you feel better. I strongly believe that pets
help deal with depression and stress. Dogs offer psychological and physical
comfort. They provide unconditional love, relieve loneliness and make us feel
important. A simple act of petting a dog lowers our blood pressure, decreases
stress and increases the levels of good hormones and neurotransmitters which
all help us feel better. I find that since having dogs is a commitment the focus is
outward, you must walk, feed, groom, train, etc. your pup, therefore there isn't
as much time to dwell on our own depressed mood. We can all learn a lot from
our dear pups, especially when it comes to unconditional love, loyalty and
forgiveness. :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm happy for you. Our pets do so much for us, the unconditional love they provide is the best medicine. Your little girl is very lucky to have you, and you will have years of happiness to look forward to.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ditto to all the above....pets are the best!!! My chi's make me sooo very happy as does my border collie and all my dogs before. Cheers to you and Cricket!:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Couldn't agree more. My dogs bring me so much happiness every day, as does reading about all the adventures of the people on this forum and their pups :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had a schnauzer mix named Frisco. He passed in August. The week before my birthday. It was so hard on me. We have an outside dog, but he won't come in. I try to spend as much time with him as possible, but it wasn't the same as having one right there with you all the time. Something to take care of and will love you more than anything and cuddles and reads with you. I needed that so badly after Frisco passed. By no means am I replacing him, because he was a great companion, but its nice to feel needed again.

·
Registered
946 Posts
We had a schnauzer mix named Frisco. He passed in August. The week before my birthday. It was so hard on me. We have an outside dog, but he won't come in. I try to spend as much time with him as possible, but it wasn't the same as having one right there with you all the time. Something to take care of and will love you more than anything and cuddles and reads with you. I needed that so badly after Frisco passed. By no means am I replacing him, because he was a great companion, but its nice to feel needed again.
We had our Chi's (4) join our family after our sheltie passed last December. They haven't replaced him, but have given us a great gift, as I don't believe one dog ever replaces another. We started with 2 chi's and within about 6 weeks added 2 more! Our house is so fun...and my old (almost 13) border collie is elated by them (I think she thinks they are her puppies--lol)! I have never seen her so happy either.

As I write this my 2 chi's are in my lap and the border at my feet...ahhhhhh:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just to echo what everyone else has said, my 2 chis and mini dachshund help me when I'm down and give such unconditional love, they mean so much to me <3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts