Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Maggie. She a mini dachshund. Not a chi, I know but she is Merlot's best friend. I haven't found any good dach. groups so she was feeling a bit left out. Her color is called a piebald. Many people don't believe she is a doxie.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very cute! My mom has 2 mini doxi's that my chi's love to go over and tourture! It's really cute watching them play together.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most people think she is cross between a beagle and doxie cause of the colors

You don't see many colored doxies around here. Usually the brown or black and tans.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One day I was in a petstore in Colorado and they had a piebald doxie there that was brown and white. The guy at the store knew nothing about them and told me that they had an "applepie dachshund". I told him that it is called piebald, not applepie! He didn't want to even listen. And the dog didn't have a white tipped tail which is required to be a purebreed piebald. Not to mention that the puppy's tail was broken on the end.

Don't worry he was willing to take $50 off for the crooked tail. They were selling this poor guy for $1,500. Expensive piece of pie! Some poor uneducated person is going to buy that puppy thinking it is a pure breed applepie doxie. Oh, I hate petstores that sell puppies.

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
Kiffany said:
most people think she is cross between a beagle and doxie cause of the colors

You don't see many colored doxies around here. Usually the brown or black and tans.
my bfs parents doxie snoop is a long coat dapple colored doxie....but we see a lot of black and tans also :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts