I tried to make sleeping bags but my Singer sewer kept spitting needles & bobbin tangles at me until I figured I would walk away or have a full blown tantrum - and there the machine sits, on the dining table, some months later, still needleless, gathering dust - headed for the trash can methinks.
Harness: I'd put some reinforcing tape or something on the D-ring, I'd be ever so worried it will simply tear away at the wrong moment.
We had so much fun and I am a novice at best. It was a sneaky way of having her work on her math skills mostly but still a lot of fun. Poor biscuit got measured a hundred times and never complained (he was such a trooper) and the fabric got measured a hundred times.
On the d-ring-I promise that sucker is on there good. It is hard to see because everything is the creme color, but I sewed the ring into it's own little circle of fabric and then sewed that onto the bone on all 4 sides and then I sewed around the D-ring too. It is all sewn to a piece of felt on the inside of the coat. I am also not too worried about it.
Thanks for the job well done too guys. She is already thinking of new stuff we can make. She wants to try a bed and a scarf so his neck doesn't get cold(LOL). So we are going to go to the fabric shop tomorrow and work on our math skill using prices for addition and multiplication :coolwink: