Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story, but she fell in love with Asia and was hell bent on getting a LC black/white chi. (so it would match her boston)
Anyway, I gave her some breeder names, gave her advice....she still went with a complete unknown. Puppy is cute, although not real typey. (longer muzzle etc.) But cute. Ay yi yi
The only good thing is that the breeder had all the dogs in the house with her, had the parents there and had an entire goody bag for them including blanket, toys, that tube of stuff for hypoglycemia in case she needed it. She is 1 pound 13 oz. and is 9 weeks. I think it's a little young to leave but again, not asking me my opinion you know? LOL
I guess she did really well last night after a 5 hour car ride home. Didn't cry in the crate until about 5AM and then slept on my daughter's pillow happily. LOL Got a clean bill of health at the vets today so that is good. I just hope they know what they are getting into or I fear I may end up with 4. haha
No name yet. Their boston is Maggie. They were thinking Lilly, Moira, Gracie, and not sure what else.
They were thinking she was going to be super tiny but were relieved to look at the charts and see that at 9 weeks, if I am reading this right, she should be in the 4-4.5 pound range?
So, I'm sort of introducing my grand-dog. haha I'll post pics when i get them.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Isnt it funny how we try to educate our kids into making the right decisions but they go and do what they want anyway :rolleyes:

I cant wait to see pictures! According to her puppies age and weight...I calculate it at 5lbs adult.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wasn't sure with those charts. I think 5 pounds is nice. :) Having had a chi that could never break that 3 pound mark and was skinny, I am happy with my 4 pounder that will also probably be 5. :) I am somewhat annoyed with the miss (daughter) but she never, ever does anything impulsive so there is a part of me that is sort of happy to see her do something not so calculated. Plus, if it doesn't work for her, I would always take in another chi. They are loving her so far though. Kids....LOL

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Ah, having adult kids! haha! I can relate.
Cannot wait to see photos! One of my breeders was that way. We got a princess tote bag with blanket, toys, clothes, bowls an an amazing folder with contract, medical booklet with all of her information and the like. It was very nice.

SO good that she checked out great at the doctor. We got Hope at 9 weeks and she weighed 1 pound 8 ounces. It is young but she did great. Ruby was 1 pound 15 ounces when we got her at 14 weeks. I think that your daughter's new one will be a good size as you suggest. Not too small, not too big. That is where I think my girls will be as well and I am glad. I do not have the knowledge, skill or time to manage one at 2-3 pounds.

Again-PICTURES!!!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Who wouldn't fall in love with Asia, you are so lucky......
Congrsats on your new Grandchi hehe, can't wait for photos...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some screen shots of pics they took.

Maggie the Boston with the unnamed puppy

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. She's a cutie, but she is definitely longer-muzzled. But my daughter claims she likes that. Whatever. LOL As long as she's healthy and they like her. . . Far be it for me to say, you know? I wish she lived closer than Virginia though as I would love to see her.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I understand that, too. Both sets of my kids (and now grandchildren) live away. One set in my state but 6 hours away and the others live in Nashville which is 9 hours away from us.

Our kids say that is why we got the girls. They may be right.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I hope the pup turns out to be a winner. All you can do is give the info and hope friends and family make the right choices. Despite years of my soap-boxing, a friend of mine just came up to me at a gathering and excitedly told all about their new Cairn-Poodle mix puppy from "...the nicest Amish family..." *facepalm* It was a thinly disguised puppy mill, of course (they're epidemic here) but all I could do is wish her luck, smile, and hope that the dog gods smile on her, too. Sounds like your daughter did quite a bit better than that, anyway.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Ohhh, I think she is a real cutie... The longer muzzle is not a deal breaker for a pet furbaby.. so I'm sure your daughter could care less..I really like her ears (love big ears) and her coat markings are lovely.. Congratulations on the new grand-puppy!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aww she's adorable! Her face is perfect to me; but we all know how I feel about "typey" looking chi's anyway lol.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think she is really cute, your daughter will adore her :) Asia was like 1 lb 12 oz at 9 weeks but she stayed that weight for 2 weeks after...

·
Registered
285 Posts
She is so cute! I think the longer muzzle looks cute on her. I love the fluffy look of the LC's. I annoy Oreo by playing with her ears lol.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like her little pig tail ears too. She seems to be settling in nicely today. She cried in her pen area and the boston ran over there to rescue her. haha

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats on the grand chi! A new puppy is always a cause for celebration in my book! She is a beauty, and I love her ears! I wish them lots of luck!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts