Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take today off to just do "stuff" around the house. Lily woke me at 6:20 and since that time I have done the following:

took a shower, got dressed
put the trash out for pickup
drove Lily to daycare (20 minutes away)
stopped at the post office on my way back to mail my mom's birthday present
had breakfast with y'all here online (just toast and coffee)
baked a banana cake from scratch
cooked some chicken and made a yummy chicken salad out of it
made shrimp salad that is to die for
made the cream cheese banana buttercream cake frosting
mixed up some sauce to put on chinese spare ribs and popped them in the oven to cook slowly for a couple hours

It's not even 11:30 and I'm just waiting for the ribs to finish cooking and they will be lunch/dinner. Also waiting for the frosting to set up a bit so I can frost the cake. I also need to iron blouses for the rest of the week (cuz I was too lazy to do it yesterday) and clean both bathrooms. By then it will be time to go pick up the Lilster. I normally pick her up at 4:45 when I work so it will be fun to get her around 3:30 today. And no, she won't be getting any of the spare rib bones.

Now tell me... doesn't this sound like one of Gadget's mom's more leisurely days? :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I find it very interesting that all your "chores" so far have involved preparing food. I wonder if I can get to your house in time for dinner.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cooper said:
I find it very interesting that all your "chores" so far have involved preparing food. I wonder if I can get to your house in time for dinner.
I love to cook but I hate being in the kitchen away from Lily. What I do is prepare lunches and dinners for the entire week (I usually do this on the weekend). I'll be having chicken salad sandwiches on pita bread for lunches all week and I'll have shrimp salad for dinner all week. I don't mind having the same thing every day for a week so why not?

Yes, I really am that boring. :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I will usually make a casserole or something that can be divided and frozen but it usually doesn't make it to the freezer because I'll just eat it for every meal until it's gone.

Of course, I haven't cooked in a long time now ... but I'm out of Hot Pockets so I'll have to prepare something today. :scratch:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xx-nathalie-xx said:
omg Rachael ...i have drool coming out of my mouth !! i think you are a mastercook !!!!!!! do you make that all for yourself?

kisses nat
I would cook all day if I could. I never wanted to do it professionally because those people have to work waaaay too hard in hot, sweaty kitchens. I do it just for fun.

I will share the banana cake with several of my co-workers but the rest is for me (it's not really that much, given that it has to last all week).

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Rachael.... I have to laugh.... I just got out of but and it is 10:15 in the morning here... Kinda slept in today....

I won't tell you that I did nothing yesterday.. because you probably won't believe me... hehhehehehe

Oh yeah I did do something yesterday... I watched Mark make a big pot of red sauce and a big pot of chili... yep chili...

i figured that it was hard enough to sit on the couch and watch him cook...

Then I went outside and watched amanda wash the windows in the car... she had washed it the day before... she is making money....

that totally was more exhausting then doing it all myself...

Man you are making me hungry with those ribs cooking... and that cake sounds so nummy....

Today I have to drink my pot of vcoffee while I decide what I am going to do today....

I know one thing I am going to do today..a nd that is go swimming in the cold rogue river with amanda.. but that will be this afternoon...

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i love cooking and i can really enjoy it ....but i have to admit i'm a disaster when it comes to cakes ,puddings and stuff :? the minute i take it out of the oven .....it ploffs together :D

kisses nat

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Wow, you've had quite a productive day off already! Now that you've got all of that done, you'll have just enough time to come over to my house and cook me some yummy food too! That all sounds so delicious!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Geez... now I feel bad. I have every day off and yesterday, I did absolutely nothing, just like the day before and the day before that....

Today, Cooper and I are going to the petstore, Home Depot (again), and I have more website updates I have to do. We're leaving for a week on Wednesday and I have yet to do laundry, clean up the house, or decide who gets to sit in the front seat for the 3-hour drive to my parents house (OmaKitty will probably win out - she hasn't been in the new car yet).

I may shave my legs but that's only if I feel like it. :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
cooper why did you have to say "shave my legs"? Now I have to add that to my list of things todo today.....

man my list is getting big now.. and you all know what happens when my list getts big... I start working and don't stop.... man... now I have to get my second cup of coffee and start writing down my list.... hehehehehehe

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jeez - Rach, you and Dori are making me tired again, just reading what you did or plan to do. I have been soooo lazy the past few days. I have three rooms I need to paint and fix up - my bedroom, the bathroom and the computer room. But I just can't seem to get motivated to start any of them. I keep looking at paint samples and trying to decide what I want to do in my bedroom, but that's as far as I get....sigh....the bathroom is going to take some major effort, as there are two layers of wallpaper that need to come off, and I am not looking forward to that. :roll:

That banana cake sounds yummy, Rachael. My mom used to make a banana nut cake from scratch, with a caramel icing where she carmalized the sugar. It was out of this world. Man, I'm getting hungry. :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Chimom.. I might be making you tired just by reading my to do list but I know that I would be sitting there looking at the paint samples saying... not today... or tomorrow or even next week... maybe next year... I hate painting.... and worst of all I had taking wall paper down....

The banana cake does sound numy.... but I will leave the baking to someone else.. unless it is baking cookies...

I just made me a sewing table that is small enough to fit in my livingroom (well, I should say I took part of my sewing table apart to make it smaller so it will fit...) I still want Mark to make me a smally one... that is just big enough for my sewing machine... then I can even have more room in here....
The life of living in a RV.....

I had the sewing room outside for when my mom was here but it got above 100 degreees for so long I wanted to stay in the a/c coolness so I moved everything inside again.. now I have to get reorganized....

have a great day

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Wow, we've got a master chef in here! Geez Rachael! Can you send some of that cake and some ribs over here?! You're making me really hungry! Sounds like you have a very good system going! I should learn from you! And you get to spend some extra quality time with Lily so it's even better! What a great day off!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Dori, it's not the painting I dread so much - it's getting ready to paint. Taking down curtains, patching any holes, taking down pictures, etc. Plus the bed in my bedroom is part of a wall unit with storage units on each side of the bed, so there is NO way to move it. I just have to put tarps over the bed and paint around it. When I had the new carpet installed in there 3 years ago, it took 4 guys to disassemble and move that bed. :lol: It was really sort of funny, 'cause I had told the salesperson at the carpet store they would need more than 2 people to move the bed. Well, they show up with 2 people - naturally. Didn't take them long to figure out they weren't quite as strong as they thought they were. :lol: Then they started making noises about charging me extra because of the bed - I don't think so..... :lol:

So, no I'm not looking forward to painting my bedroom. :wink:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I no longer enjoy cooking, but until a few years ago I baked so much at times hubby was taking home-baking to the office and I'd be labelling biscuit tins with "use this first" "use this 2nd" etc. I baked chocolate cakes, banana cakes, ultra light sponge cakes, biscuits, muffins, sticky date pudding with caramel sauce (yum), apple cobbler (spongy top), dessert tarts, etc. Sometimes we'd have anything from 6 people and up to 18 people for a Chinese banquet type dinner where we'd cook (mainly me with hubby's help) usually about 10 different dishes. If we had more than 6 - 8 guests we would have 2 dishes of each dish so there would be anything up to 20 dishes of food on the table. And all I usually cared about was whether my homebaked Pavlova would stay nice & high!!! I sometimes began preparing 3 days in advance for the bigger dinners.

One time we had a friend from South Africa amongst our dinner guests, but our dear Labrador Cassie got to the Pavlova first which was waiting to be creamed and decorated, (son's fault, I'll spare you the details!) For some time after that our friend loved to remind us whenever he was in NZ visiting about the time he had come all the way from South Africa for one of our wonderful Pavlova desserts only to have our dog eat it all (every scrap). Another friend (not long moved from UK) was so pleased with himself for mastering the use of chopsticks he insisted on eating his Pavlova with it. :roll:
Rachael, now you'll have to take another day off to do some cleaning! :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wow.......you guys make me want to get motivated and actually do something. It seems like all I do lately is wake up, go to work, come home and go to sleep. I think I make take this weekend to get a few things done. I really want to start some doggy clothes. I have been buying fabric for about 3 months and I have yet to make anything!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts