Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of a sudden as I stated in another post she would walk hunched over when being called and pee as soon as she would get to me, but also all she does is lay on the couch 24/7 when not barking, ears lowered, not raised ears like the cartoon pics above ^^ ..she seems either sick or depressed, I have no idea??? What would cuz a chih to be depressed and how can I tell if shes sick?

·
Registered
602 Posts
My Dog was doing a similar thing around my partners mum when she called her, but it was clearly over excitement. This is what my Trainer told me to do

""Sometimes this can develop, it depends on whether she is peeing cos she’s nervous or cos she’s excited as to which way to deal with it. If its excitement, best thing to do is make sure the person greeting her is not revving her up, keep the greetings calm and low key and encourage Fiddle to learn to sit for her greetings. If she is kept as calm as possible then the peeing will stop as she gets older and more in control of herself (both physically and mentally!).

If it is nerves that is causing the pee then Fiddle will need some confidence building with your partners mum, get her to hand feed Fiddle portions of her meal with some special treats thrown in just for good measure. Have her practice Fiddle’s basic obedience cues like come, sit, lie down etc. so that Fiddle can learn to trust her and when she is more comfortable with her, have her do some handling exercises while giving Fiddle treats, again to build trust"

·
Registered
809 Posts
If it were my dog I would take her to the vet for a check up. A hunched back could signal disc problems or pain at the least. If she is in pain that may be why she is acting so weird towards you. Lying around, not being active, is also worrying.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
If it were my dog I would take her to the vet for a check up. A hunched back could signal disc problems or pain at the least. If she is in pain that may be why she is acting so weird towards you. Lying around, not being active, is also worrying.
I agree,the vets is the first place to go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts