Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chihuahua is 3 years old about to be 4, he's a long hair one :D Like 4 days ago he peed on the bed {which is not him} all three times it like maybe just came out quick? Like he stood up and peed, he did this like 4 times in a day and a half he stopped but now 4 days later he peed while he was sleeping like? I also notice he had like 2 little tiny white specks on his butt, I goggled and they could be warms? I don't think they were moving, but I got some toilet paper and got them off. I also notice his urine has changed smells but not in a bad way. It us to smell really really bad but now it smells like a toddlers pee? I don't know but I remember changing cousins diaper and the pee smelling like that. He's also been eating very very fast and last night I notice a sound coming from his stomach; like not quite growling but something like that? I don't have money at the moment to take him to the vote. :{

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
these are health problems and it sounds like he needs a good checkup at the Vet.
maybe you can borrow the money from a friend or relative... please see to his needs.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
If your dog has worms he can become anemic and even die. He also may have urinary tract problems.

Find the money, borrow it, sell something, etc. just bring him in to see a vet, bring a fresh fecal sample with you.

From your description it can be anything and everything, a vet will give you some answers. Always better safe than sorry.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to buy some worm stuff today. I'll have to sale everything I own to take him to the vet, the prices are pathetic. I don't just have a couple thousand dollars and nobody can lend it to be in this econmy. I might not even get my taxes back due to personal reason and if so it could still be for another two weeks.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Agreed.... whether you can afford it or not; there's no denying that the dog deserves to be seen when he needs medical attention. So it's up to you as his owner to take that responsibility and find a way to take care of him; borrowing from a friend; Care Credit; even taking out personal or title loan. We have stores like the "Cash Store" around us who will give you a few hundreds on the spot; yes there's high interest to pay it back but it could mean the difference between life or death for your baby. The economy sucks no doubt; we live below poverty level and I have no problem admitting that but we have emergency funds set aside plus a good support system of friends/family if it ever came down to it.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Sounds like your dog has a uti.. Worms you would see in their stools

Just so you know it's actually illegal not to give a sick animal vet treatment and you could have your pet taken away from you :( if you don't have money to hand borrow some this time and please insure your dog that way god forbid if anything huge happens they will be covered. Hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
801 Posts
Actually you can see worms around the anus as well, not just in the
stool.

Jax is getting over a UTI right now, a UTI will cause excessive
urination and their urine smells really strong. Also in some cases
like Jax, if it's left untreated the infection can move into the
bladder.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like a uti... Could be anything though! Honestly get him to a vet because I've known people to "leave the problem for a few days" just to see if it "wears off" and then there dog has had to be put to sleep...
As a sufferer of recurrent cystitus I know how painful they are.. Difference being us humans can take pain.. Dogs are different...
Please please please take him to see the vet?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like I said, I have no money to take him and the only person who has the money I can borrow it from said no they can't. I can go get a loan because I have bad credit and no title to pawn, I have nothing expensive to sale. I just can't make things up to sale. If I get my taxes back it will be sometime this week or next and thats it. I went out and bought him warm medicine and for the UTI it's going to have to wait or I can try seeing if I can find a vet that will take payments.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Sounds like a uti. Those need to be treated ASAP. They can be very painful for the dog and it can get to the point where the infection spreads to the kidneys. It can also be so painful that he won't pee at all. Get him to the vet, use a credit card, whatever you need to do. Stuff like that can't wait.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yeah sounds like he needs a vet visit immediately. Believe me I try and treat what I can at home but something that needs antibiotics or beyond my control money or not I find a way.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I agree with the others...please see a vet. As an owner it is your responsibility to care for him, just like a child. If you can't it might be in the dogs interest to be placed where he can get the care he needs. I am sorry if this sounds harsh. Pets are expensive. It is a fact. You must prioritize. You could end up spending much more $$ by self diagnosing. All this said, I wish you the best along with your little chi. :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I'm going to buy some worm stuff today. I'll have to sale everything I own to take him to the vet, the prices are pathetic. I don't just have a couple thousand dollars and nobody can lend it to be in this econmy. I might not even get my taxes back due to personal reason and if so it could still be for another two weeks.
I understand not having money. I am poor. BUT no matter what my dogs come
first. There have been times where I had to sell the tv, tv stand, dinner table,
radio and the air conditioner all in one month just so I could get my dogs their
raw diet, even though I was eating oatmeal and rice. When you took this dog
in you took on the responsibility for his life, right? So you must find a way to get
him help when needed. According to you he needs help. You do not know how
much the vet visit will cost. Usually there is a fee you pay just for seeing the
vet, which around here is about 45$. Then your vet will take a look at your pup
and give you some recommendations, which you will chose to follow...or not.
But you will at least have an idea of what his treatment will be and how much
it will cost. I think you should schedule a vet visit and come up with 200$ or
so for your first visit, it'll probably be less but just to be safe. Maybe he just
needs antibiotics or something else that isn't very complicated or expensive.
Find a way to get your pup in for just this one appointment and see what the
vet says. I want you to know that I only tell you this because I care. I know
first hand the value of money, I find extremely creative ways to survive because
I am ill therefore can not work outside of home, and I on top of that take in
rescued dogs and cats that cost me pretty much everything. Put your pup
first, he deserves it, right? Best of luck to you both and please keep us posted
on how things go. You came to a good forum, a place where people care so
much for the Chihuahua breed, not just for their own dogs, but for the dogs
of other members on here. It's like a big family, we all just want what is best.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I don't know where the OP is from, but maybe you can check
for an SPCA clinic in your area. Often times they offer vet
services at lower costs. You can also call around and explain
your situation, lots of times the office can work out payment
plans for you or have you see the vet tech's for a quick eval.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going to call every vet I can in my area to see if I can work out a payment plan; that's all I can do. I don't have anything to sale. :{

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Let us know how it works out!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts