Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!

i have been reading reading and reading all the posts in this forum because i got my very first chi baby yesterday!

my baby doesnt have a name yet.. he is 7mos old and i need to get his vaccinations done asap.. from what the lady who had him told me. she couldnt afford to get him any shots.. so i am afraid to let him out of my sight! i live in marietta ga and dont have a vet yet and dont know of any either so any help would be appreciated! :)

i have fallen in love my little boy.. i gave him a bath this morning and he smells so good now! i did not want to leave him to come to work!

the only dogs i have had were rotties so this is a HUGE (tiny) change for me.

so hello from marietta ga!

i cant get the photos of him to load :(
not sure why.. any suggestions?
thanks!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on your first chi! I just got my very own chi about 2 months ago and I have fallen completely in love with her... I still hate leaving her when I go to work too lol. I hope you can figured out pictures soon because I cant wait to see him :):D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi again everyone!

i got the icon to load and that is my baby there. he is posing for the camera!
i think i might have a name for him. Champ is the name i think might just work.
i have been a little worried because he is acting really shy and submissive towards me. he doesnt want to leave my side and watches my every move but when i go to pick him up or pet him, he tucks his tail down and then rolls over and shows his tummy.. is that normal just getting to know each other behavior?

i have never had a small dog before and i decided on the chi because my nephew has one and i read about all the breeds before i even started looking for a puppy. the chi is perfect for what i want/need in a companion/family member!

i just want to make sure i do all the right things for him. he looks at me with those big eyes and i melt!

i know i will be asking lots and lots of questions! :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi again everyone!

i did decide on a name for the baby Joey is his name and i think he already knows it!

i cant figure out how to add photos... :confused:

i have a couple new ones but i dont have a photo editor on this computer so i cant figure out by the instructions.

I cant wait until payday!! joey is going to the vet and get his shots so that i can take him outside! i am too scared to walk him or anything out of the house.. at least he is pad trained.. LOL he tried to get on the bed the other day with some poop sticking out of his mouth.. i ran and got a paper towel with some toothpaste on it!!!

what is it about little dogs and their poop?

he is feeling more at home.. chasing the cats and growling at them when they try to get some of my attention. he will be asleep behind me on the bed and if they jump up and come towards me, he gets up and acts like he is protecting me from the boogyman.. i will have to teach him not to do that. it was cute at first but he is really jealous..

he barked at my nephew everytime he would leave the room and come back.. he does have a great personality and it is showing more each day.. i am very glad i got him!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You'll find a name for him as you get to know his personality. My daughter picked her name for her Chi from a Spanish name baby book. Her name is Bonita Bambilina, I think I spelled it right, she calls her B.B.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts