Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have survived the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL...

I am alive....LOL

Whooooooooaaaa!!! What a DAY!!! Let's just say, out of my 6, 7, 8th graders my 6th graders are most likely to be th emost challenging. You'd think because it was a private school the kids would be more advanced, but not so. Their writing skills are lacking...some can't even write cursive that well.... :shock:

My boys are the talkers in 6th grade...I had to lay the law a couple of times, but I was surprised at how they took general directions very well...Let me tell you, having a pair of 25 eleven year old eyeballs ALL staring at YOU can be a little intimidating....hanging on to your every word....BUT I acted calm...it came naturally to me....

I am POOPED though....man it takes ALOT out of you....

Getting them to settle down and coming in and out the classroom like civilized people is going to be a project....

One day at a time...... :wink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
congrats on your "first day survival". i am also a teacher. we don't start school until monday. i have been teaching for five years now. it can be quite challenging. good luck.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I bet your pooped...I was always the quiet ones, but I know how bad the rowdy ones vcan get. Congrats and hope the rest of the year is a good and calm one.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I knew you'd do great! And you will only get better once you develop a rhythm and a pace of your own. I imagine you're exhausted but that will no doubt get better too. I mean, part of your tiredness has to be just from excitement and anticipation, right?

I still remember my 6th grade teacher (Hilda Boink, I kid you not :D ) as one of my favorites. She had a reputation for being strict and hard and kinda mean... but she was fun and challenging and just the nicest lady. Every year from 1st grade through 6th my mom used to give me a hyacinth plant to bring to my teacher in the spring... it wasn't considered a** kissy then and nobody even made fun of me for it. :lol: Do kids still bring presents to their teachers??

Well, that was a pleasant stroll down Memory Lane. :wink:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Now that the first day is behind you, things will begin to settle into a routine and you'll be an old pro in no time. :D

Rach, I don't know about most kids taking presents to the teacher, but I know my 7 yr old grand-daughter did last year - several times actually. One morning I took her to school, and we stopped at the convenience store for gas. When we went in to pay, they had these single red silk roses with a red bow on them by the register. Nicole asked if she could get one for her teacher - no occasion, just to give her something. She took other little gifts throughout the year too. I asked her once if she was the only student that did this and she said a couple of others did too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts