Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We became foster parents today... and we shouldn't have, because I am MADLY in love with this one little girl we have... well, I love them both, but if I don't get this little girl I am going to die! She is perfect, loving, sweet and Bailey loves her! She is a snuggler and just everything I've wanted in a Chi girl. These 2 were rescued today from a backyard breeder (as were 35 other dogs, including abused Chihuahua's, I saw some HORRIBLE things today) and they do not appear to have been abused, THANK GOD! They are precious! Sadly, we don't have the $250 to adopt her before we have to list her/their pictures tomorrow. :(

My friend in the rescue was saying they desperately needed foster homes, so we got involved for that, as well as to give Bailey puppy playdates. I knew eventually a chi would come along that I'd fall in love with, but I didn't think I would fall in love so quickly... :drunken:

Anyway, here they are... they have no names and we aren't sure on the age, but they are about 3 months!

Here is the girl I am madly in love with... she wouldn't pose... LOL

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
awwwww what cuties hope you get to keep the one you want they are gorjuss girls and thats what you need a wee girl my fingers are crossed for you hunni xxx

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
SOOO cute!! I can never be anything but an actual parent to a Chi. It'd be too difficult.
Those girls are way to cute Kim!!!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Awe both are too cute!! I hope you can come up with the money, it would be a crime for those little girls to get away. Fingers crossed for you Kim!! :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
They are gorgeous!
Thats a great thing to take them in!
What did you have to do to be qualified as a foster parent?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Oh wow. They are beautiful little puppies. I wouldn't have the strength to foster them and then let them go. :( Can't you keep one???? Bailey would love a sister and she already fits in so well! I am hoping you can find a way, they are adorable!

Brodysmom

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh my god!!! They are adorable. She is so sweet Kim. I want you to have her. How awesome of you two to take them in. I would love to know what went down with the backyard breeder, sounds awful. They are so cute. Are they brother and sister? I think you said they were. Is Bailey dying? We need pics of them together. How precious.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
snice they don't have names how about

Parsley
Paprika
(there's a LONNNGGG list )

After spices because of bailey?

Theya re very cute hope you get to keep one or two

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, they are all 3 getting along beautifully! I want to keep them both SO BAD, but there isn't anyway that we can do that. We are hoping to get to keep the one, I've emailed the woman I got them from tonight hoping that she can cut us a deal and let us do something at the shelter to work off the payment for her? Its worth a shot, but probably won't happen. I wish that we weren't having such financial hard times right now, but with everything that is going on for us, $250 dollars is hard to come by. Before all of this stuff happened, they would BOTH have been adopted tonight! (sighs)

Anyway, PLEASE everyone, please please pray hard that something can be worked out with this lady, and one of these adorable babies will be Bailey's new little sister! :D

I don't know much about what these 2 have been through, just that there was a HUGE rescue of tons of dogs that were all being bred... when we went to pick these two up there were rescued dogs all over the place, crates full of them being packed into cars to be taken to foster homes. It broke my heart seeing all of them... I buckled these two beautiful babies into the back seat in their carrier, and left crying all the way home. I even watched a dog have a full out seziure... was the most horrifying thing I've seen in a long time. I will have nightmares about what I seen... it will haunt me forever. :(

It wasn't hard to be a 4-legged foster parent, just had to fill out papers, have references checked and they had to contact your vet etc. I wish we didn't fall in love so quickly... they are going to be taken from me, its going to break my heart to pieces.

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not going to give them names... since I probably will only have them until tomorrow evening. They will be listed in the afternoon, I don't expect that they will be here come dinner time. If however, the one does get to stay with us, her name will be Kahlua, or Kali for short. Bailey & Kahlua ... get it...? LOL ;)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Oh Kim! They are both so sweet. What a horrible story...UGH!
I hope you get to keep the little girl. I know that she will have a wonderful home with you and Rob.
The name Kahlua is perfect!
My fingers are crossed!!!!:)

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks hun, how are your bowls holding up? I'd love to see pics of them being used! :D

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
The bowls are AWESOME!!!! I will try and take pics tomorrow morning when they get their NV. The bowls work out perfectly because I can just pop in a NV medallion, put the lid on it and put it in the fridge until morning. I Love that their names are on their bowls too!!:)
Thanks for asking Kim!

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No probs, I am glad they work so well! I was hoping you liked where I placed the names. :D

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yep, the bowls are perfect, and so is the treat jar. My mom loved it!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Kim... they are adorable! I'm glad you got them out of that horrible situation. I don't know if I would be able to hold it together either witnessing what you had to. So sad! On better note, they look really happy and it sounds like Bailey is enjoying the girls. I hope you can keep one and something works out. I'll keep my fingers crossed! Keep us posted. :)

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone! The lady got back to me, she said that we will have the pups until at least Friday, so hopefully we can figure something out before then! These 2 are adorable, I've got tons of pics and video!!! I am working on getting them uploaded! :D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts