Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally calmed down enough to type...

and I thought I would have a peaceful day off since they closed the schools for the hurricane...but nooooo......drama seems to follow me everywhere....

Gizmo has a thing with darting out the door and just running off, because of this we only take him outside in the fenced yard (out back) and that's it! Well...this morning I went outside to see if we had any loose tree limbs (hurricane) I went out through the garage door...anyway as I am closing the door Gizmo darts out and I tell him no Gizmo! And off he runs...so I have to run back inside and open the garage door all the way (it was half open) so I could get him...meanwhile I am in my night shirt (which is short) and I am barefoot, did I mention I look like Medusa in the morning?

Anyways....

I call him and he keeps running...so I try to calm down and call him normally hoping he will run to me...but he is already 2 houses down and I could barely see him, so I start walking towards him (on really wet grass with debris on it!!!) and at the precise moment one of the outer bands of the storm decides to come my way and I am caught in a huge downpour...I mean it was raining so hard I couldn't see much....then the wind starts picking up and I am trying to hold on to my nightgown so I don't end up flashing anyone...and Gizmo decides to hide under a big Palm Tree....so I am running..DRENCHED...scared...and mad all at the same time....

Rain stops as quickly as it came...(I look like a drowned rat) and Gizmo takes off again...this time I lost him between house number 4 and 5...so now I am panicking...my street is semi busy so I am scanning the street for cars...looking for Gizmo, and I see him almost at the end of the street which is 7 houses down!! :shock:

I get near him and he starts darting around...now I am getting hysterical...I try to calm down but he had me so scared...so it turns into a chase...and when I look he is in the middle of the street with a car heading straight for him :shock: :shock: :shock:

I manage to gain control and wave the car while screaming "Stop...don't hit my baby!!!" and the car slams on his brakes (cuz he was going too fast as usual) and stops about 1 foot from Gizmo!!!

I am hysterical now...I am crying so hard I am sobbing...so imagine this...I am barefoot in a short Mickey mouse night shirt...hair plastered to my head and totally drenched in rain...Gizmo looked like a hairless chi....

the guy starts apologising...but I am already scooping up Gizmo who was petrified in front of the car...I walk away and start heading home...the guy is still talking to me...but I am squeezing the crap out of Gizmo...I was soooooo mad....I was scolding him all the way home...

I put him in time out and went to the bathroom to dry off and that's when I lost it....I could have lost my little baby today....

anyways.....I am ok now....just so relieved he is ok..

and that is how my Friday morning started

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
ACK!! That story scared the poop out of me!!! To add to him running away, you have the storm, the debris, your hair, the nightshirt... I get sick just thinking about it.

I'm glad everyone is okay and no one was hurt. Cooper says "Gizmo!! Don't go into the front yard without your leash on ever again, silly dog!!" He would also like to add, "Gizmo, it's rude to go out the door without asking your mommy first. Always ask for permission before you go outside."

Cooper and I both hope your weekend gets better... it can't get much worse, can it? We're sending good vibes towards Florida... that hurricane needs to go somewhere else... preferably somewhere uninhabited!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
oh GIZMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't ever do that to us chi people EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ((hugs)) hope your calmed down some! on another note, i bet the neighbors had hopes of big gusty winds ;) hubba hubba

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I am so glad Gizmo is ok...what an awful experience for the both of you...and the driver of the car...I had a bit of an upset yesterday with Bella so I fully understand how much you are shaking right now !

Hope the hurricane bypasses you and loses it's steam out over the ocean. Stay safe.

·
Registered
820 Posts
oh no!....that was hard to read by itself...i cant imagine going through that...especially in a hurricane...! bobo and i send our hugs and support! hope your days go better<3

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
OMG - Gizmo, you naughty boy! I can totally relate as Jazzy has done this to me on two occasions, except it wasn't raining nor was there a hurricane on the way. Jazzy wound up at the end of our block too, and I also live on a pretty busy street. And just like you, I totally lost it after I finally got her back home.

I am so glad things turned out o.k., and Gizmo is fine. Please Gizmo, don't do that to your mommy ever again.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CooperChi said:
Woah! I hope your weekend only gets better from there. I think I would've had a heart attack! :(
I think I had a small one because my heart was fluttering so fast...I could hear it pounding in my head!!!

He did it again to daddy earlier too...he is officially "Grounded"

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have nightmares like the one you lived through! I worry constantly about Mo running into the street. We are working on the "come" command, but Mo has been a lot more resistant to learning than my other two dogs were.

Glad to hear Gizmo is OK, and that you are recovering. He will have to join Mo in "reform" school. Maybe Cooper and Lily can come give them some lessons in manners :D

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I am SO glad you and Gizmo are OK I would have been hysterical and crying. You better cut that out Gizmo You were very lucky but scared mom to death. :roll:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Scared me just reading about it.. I can imagine how scared you were... I would have freaked....

Gadget got out the other day and he was standing in the drive way adn I went walking up to him since he was just standing there... I was talking ot him the whole time and he was watching me... the minute I got close enough to grab him he ran a few feet and stopped turned and looked at me... so I sat int he closest chair that was out there.... (Our patio table and chairs are out front) I looked at him and said... Gadget come.. he just stood there and looked at me.. then I sat there and told him that I was going into the house.. I stood up and started walking toward the house nad he beat me through the gate...

Amanda had went out of the Gate and didn't close it behind her and I didn't realize it was open until after Gadget had went out of the house and then I tried to get to the gate before he did but it didn't work...

anywya ... I am so glad you and Gizmo is ok.... I would have grounded him too...

I hope the hurricane goes else wwhere...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Cant you train him that when the door opens StaY! ?The ony one I have left to train for that is Sturgis. Hes just so fiesty still has that pup in him. Lady and Daytona if I open the door or my gate and say stay they wont leave the house or the yard

·
Registered
615 Posts
I know how horrible it is..I've been there. My hairless Crested girl if she get sout the frotn door will run liek the wind. She also enjoyed runnign while barking toward oncoming traffic. Ive been out in the rain at night sobbing because I can't even see her or hear her barking anymore..just praying the last 3 cars that went by don't hit her. She has given me an awful fright more than one time =(. I know how scared and angry you were. I guess all we can do is try to prevent it form happenning again :cry:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts