Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is Carlota's bithday....She's two. Yay. She is celebrating by taking a luxurious nap in the sunshine.

A look back at Carlota's crazy two years:

Got her from a puppy boutique (er, puppy mill). Was "just going to look", but there she was....

First week with us she was soooooo sick. Couldn't reach the puppy boutique people, nor the breeders. Took her immediately to the vet. Vet thought the worst...distemper. Upon further inspection she found she had a virus, bronchial infection, ear infection and conjuntivitis. Sent us home with tons of meds. Poor little thing just cried and slept. I didn't sleep at all for a week. Called the puppy boutique and breeders EVERYDAY....no response.

After a couple of weeks her infections went away. Within a month she seemed like any other happy little chi puppy. We never heard from the boutique people or the beeders even after leaving several anxious, heart-wrenching messages. A few months later we found out that the same puppy boutique was in litigation with several people who'd purchased puppies from them. Ugh.

Carlota had a rough start and in many ways I feel like we rescued her from a really horrible place. Incidentally, the people in litigation with the puppy boutique hadn't been anywhere near as lucky as us...their dogs had died within weeks of purchase and even after thousands of dollars in health care services.

Carlota is timid and has some issues around other dogs, but totally loves people...perhaps too much. I admit she is spoiled rotten...she get's me and my husband and all the furniture all to herself. We take her with us everywhere we go and she travels like a queen.

Happy birthday to Carlota!!!!!!!

P.S.

She is in her sulky "adolescent years" and totally does not approve of me making such a big deal out of her birthday. SHe's like "whatever".

·
Registered
538 Posts
Awwww. Happy Birthday to Carlotta from Taco. He'll be one on Sunday. Sounds like she had a bad start, but is very lucky she has such a loving Mom and Dad.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Happy Birthday to a very special little girl :eek:ccasion1: :eek:ccasion4: :eek:ccasion1: :eek:ccasion7: :eek:ccasion9: :eek:ccasion6: :eek:ccasion9: :eek:ccasion7:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts