Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was about as successful as trying to get them to wear sweaters! haha!

I like that in the one photo, their size is easier to see as they are by their FAVORITE person, my husband.

They are in the cheap petmountain.com harnesses. Both are in a XXS. Hope's fits fairly well but Ruby's is still big. Once they are a bit bigger, they will get their puppia harnesses.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, ladies!

I showed my husband Oakley's picture (that was a name he wanted, btw. He is the owner of SEVERAL pairs of the sunglasses!) and told him a few weeks back that I wished that Hope could look like Oakley when she becomes a big girl!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Super cute! I can't wait to take my girls out for the first time! :)

How do you like those retractable leashes? I am not so sure about them. The Petsmart trainers said not to get that kind because they shouldn't be going way ahead of you, but walking right next to you. I have a Puppia lead now, but need to get another one, unless I get a doubler lead thing. I am not sure if I should ignore the trainer and try one of those retractable ones or not! A lot of ppl on here have them.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How old are they now?
Ruby will be 4 months old on the 17th-this week. Hope will be 5 months old on the 29th of this month (well there is no 29th this month so March 1st).

Last week when they were weighed Ruby was 2.3 lbs. and Hope was 2.8 lbs.

Ruby is so skinny to me! I expected that we would have seen her chub up (she is a GOOD eater) in the 3 weeks that she has been with us. She has gained 1/4 lb. but still looks so skinny. She was just 2 lbs. 3 weeks ago, though.

I am really excited to see if Hope gains even more once the giardia is gone. She is also a good eater.

Boy! they LOVE the Fromm's Surf and Turf grain free. They pick it out and leave the Orijen. They also love ZP as a treat.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aww how sweet! Did they enjoy the walk? Cute harnesses.
I'm going with no. They enjoyed the sun! Toward the end, Ruby sort of caught on and seemed to have fun. Hope yanked and chewed on her harness-most of the time.

We are going to keep with it and they will get the hang of it. Had to take advantage of the 50+ degree weather today!

The harnesses were just like $7-$8 and I told my husband that they had some black on them for him! I will try to remember when I order the puppia ones that sometimes he will be walking them alone!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
They are soooooooooooo cute and tiny!!! Their harnesses are cute too! How much do the girls weigh? I like to compare to Roxy because sometimes it's hard to tell how big or small the pups are in pictures.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you like those retractable leashes? I am not so sure about them. The Petsmart trainers said not to get that kind because they shouldn't be going way ahead of you, but walking right next to you. I have a Puppia lead now, but need to get another one, unless I get a doubler lead thing. I am not sure if I should ignore the trainer and try one of those retractable ones or not! A lot of ppl on here have them.
Well, chalk that up to we do not know better. Our boy was never trained on a leash when we got him so this is our first experience. We liked them. There is a button that can be pressed to lock in how much lead they get. With ours not liking/knowing/understanding restriction, allowing them the freedom to feel like they were in charge of going where and how far they wanted helped. When we placed the button down they liked it less. These came in varying lengths as well.

Our neighbor has 2 dogs and these are what they have so that it what I got. I may change to something else but for now, us and them learning, they worked.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Super cute! I can't wait to take my girls out for the first time! :)

i use the flexi leads when we are in big open spaces like in the field or on the beach, safer than letting them off the lead for a run and play. They also have a lock button so you can choose how long u want the lead.
When we are walking in the neighbour hood though or near roads i use the normal leads.. hope this helps!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
We LOVE the retractable leashes, that is all we use. Personally I do not want a chi walking next to me, nooo way. Too easy to kick or step on, and no one wants to walk looking down watching their own ankles/feet. You want a chi at least a few feet in front of you I think :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts