Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
They are adorable. :)
Wow Jenn, did you get Holly at 6.5 weeks? What's her story? Where is she from?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got Holly Christmas Eve she was born November 15. So she was 5 weeks 4 days. I had to put a deposit and pick one out when they were 3 weeks old. Well then the lady calls and insisted I get her Christmas Eve. I stressed that small young puppies need their Momma's longer in my opinion in the beginning I told her she was not a Christmas gift and I really did not want to get her till she was ready. I was told if I did not pick her up then I would loose what money I had put down. I got her from a person selling them on a local pet posting site. I guess I learned my lesson and make sure if we ever get another to see how long they will keep the puppies till. She will be 7 weeks Tuesday. So far she is doing well I just hope things continue.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I just got Holly Christmas Eve she was born November 15. So she was 5 weeks 4 days. I had to put a deposit and pick one out when they were 3 weeks old. Well then the lady calls and insisted I get her Christmas Eve. I stressed that small young puppies need their Momma's longer in my opinion in the beginning I told her she was not a Christmas gift and I really did not want to get her till she was ready. I was told if I did not pick her up then I would loose what money I had put down. I got her from a person selling them on a local pet posting site. I guess I learned my lesson and make sure if we ever get another to see how long they will keep the puppies till. She will be 7 weeks Tuesday. So far she is doing well I just hope things continue.
Oh wow that's sad. :( Definitely WAY too early to remove a pup from her mom.
Looks like this person just cares about making a quick buck.
Sounds like a backyard breeder or puppy mill.
Did you get any records? Vaccines? Registration?
Did you see the parents? Or even where the people keep their dogs?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thing is she let me visit her weekly after I put deposit down. I seen her home the Mom and Dad. She only had 3 dogs total besides the 3 puppies the Mom had she was very nice we chatted about our Autistic children she had a son with same issues as mine so I would have never thought it would have been a problem really. Clean home seemed really like all would have been ok. I got a shot record and puppy pack thing including vax and wormings papers also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Both your girls are so precious, Holly is just adorable. How sad for Holly that the breeder is more concerned about money than the welfare of the dogs, she is so little to be away from her mum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.