Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know his ears are huge!! We were thinking of naming him the Spanish word for bat but it was way to long and kind of hard to say. But I loved the name Guillermo.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are both 2 years old now. they just had a vet check on Friday and he weighed 8.8 pounds and his sister Chica weighed 6.3 pounds. Hes got a little winter weight to take off but they are both very healthy.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Pretty dark black colour and nice bright white! I love the the little white tip on the tail! He looks like he has a sense of humour, too!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Aww sweet Guillermo. :love5:
He's beautiful.

Are you Spanish?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww sweet Guillermo. :love5:
He's beautiful.

Are you Spanish?
No LOL im Scandinavian. was born in Minnesota and have lived here my whole life.
My parents escape the Minnesota winters and go to Isla Mujeres Mexico every year for 4 months. My husband and I visit them in February for a couple of weeks. We have gone for 7 years now and just returned from this years trip on March 3rd. This is where I fell in love with one of the locals Chihuahuas and I visit them every year. The care they have for their dogs is nonexistant. they are so dirty and their claws are so long it hurts them to stand. but i was afraid to ask the owners if i could clean them up.

here is a pic of me holding 2 of the chis and a baby poodle.

the one on my lap is the father of the one i am holding, the mom would not come out. she is all black.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
No LOL im Scandinavian. was born in Minnesota and have lived here my whole life.
My parents escape the Minnesota winters and go to Isla Mujeres Mexico every year for 4 months. My husband and I visit them in February for a couple of weeks. We have gone for 7 years now and just returned from this years trip on March 3rd. This is where I fell in love with one of the locals Chihuahuas and I visit them every year. The care they have for their dogs is nonexistant. they are so dirty and their claws are so long it hurts them to stand. but i was afraid to ask the owners if i could clean them up.
You are very pretty. :)
I'm happy to hear you are able to get away for a while during winter, Mexico
is beautiful. Sad to hear about the neglected Chis. I know a few people who
bring dogs back to Canada from Mexico, mostly Chis or Chi mixes. The last one
brought back was a Chi mix with broken legs, wonderful dog, hurts to imagine
how much she suffered. If you are ever back to see these Chis again, you
could always say you need practice as a groomer, and politely ask to groom a
dog or two. Filth and long nails can be detrimental to a dog's health. You
would be doing a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you!
I never thought of that! Next year I will definatly try. My goal for next year is to be -mostly- fluent in Spanish. That will be one of the phrases I will practice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts