Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet my new chi...

Im not sure what to do about a name, he was called Charlie and i already have a Charlie. Is it wrong to change a dogs name? It would be confusing with two Charlies!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby! It looks as if the two Charlies are getting on well already, how wonderful.

I have had to change a dog's name before, it didn't cause any problems. How old is your new Charlie?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It might be a little confusing for him at first, only because you will be calling another dog by what he recoginizes as his name. Pretty soon he will understand and know his new name. He is a little cutie bug. Congrats on your new furbie.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he's around 18 months, I bought him off a couple who's had him for a few weeks and they couldn't keep him because of their landlord, the owner before that ad died. So I don't really know much about him. He is the sweetest dog, he licks everyone to death! I'm so pleased to have him and I think Charlie is too! X

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be a little confusing for him at first, only because you will be calling another dog by what he recoginizes as his name. Pretty soon he will understand and know his new name. He is a little cutie bug. Congrats on your new furbie.
Thank you! I love him to bits already! Id better get thinking of a name then! Any suggestions?? X

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
What about cj? Charlie junior or chuck lolol i don't think changing it would matter mine have tons of diff nick names they respond to

Example ninja is called sonny totally diff names he responds to both

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about cj? Charlie junior or chuck lolol i don't think changing it would matter mine have tons of diff nick names they respond to

Example ninja is called sonny totally diff names he responds to both
Lol! I call Charlie all sorts of different name come to think of it! New Charlies been getting called furball lol! I've never seen a chihuahua so fluffy! Do you think he's a x or full chi? He acts like a chi and his face looks like a chi but he's just so fluffy lol! X

·
Registered
355 Posts
You could always go with a rhyming name - Marley, Farley, Barley, Gnarly, etc. What a beautiful dog...he looks like a fox, so if I had him he'd wind up named Mulder LOL!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could always go with a rhyming name - Marley, Farley, Barley, Gnarly, etc. What a beautiful dog...he looks like a fox, so if I had him he'd wind up named Mulder LOL!
Thanks! Lol! Yeah he is just like a fluffy fox! I didn't really like him on the pic I first saw of him but went to see him anyway, I'm glad I did! I know he's not the best looking chi in the world but looks aren't everything ;)

I felt a bit sorry for him with him losing his first owner and then getting passed on after a few weeks with his 2nd owners and so I wanted him to have a forever home. He is loved so much already!

I thought about a rhyming name, the problem I have is I've got 2 kids wanting to pick names and they just can't agree! X

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful face,what about Marley for a name
My son likes Marley, my daughter likes Bailey and I quite like Gizzy, as in short for gismo from gremlings! I think he looks a bit like him lol! Maybe I'll put names in a hat if we can't decide soon! X

1 - 20 of 22 Posts