Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor baby boy was sick last night and today. We came in from the pool about 6pm last nite and i fed him and he wouldn't even eat 1 bite :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Not normal A little latter he threw up About 10pm he really threw up. This morning we got up ,went for a walk and we thought he would be starved since he didn't eat last nite and threw up everything so dad made him a scrambled egg. Wouldn't touch it :shock: :shock: :shock: again not normal. He layed around all day Wouldn't eat chicken & rice at lunch :( Didn't drink any water Couldn't even get him to lick an ice cube About 3pm he drank a little water and at 3:30 he threw that up :cry: We went to the pool at 4pm and I hosed him off to cool him down ( do that every day cause it's so hot) He took a nap in my lap and woke up and started to finally walk around. He saw one of the neighbors that always gives him a treat and actually wanted it and ate like he was starving. I only had him give him a teeny bit. We came in and he ate his chicken and rice and started to hoover around like normal :D :D :D I think he must have known he was going to have to go see Dr Hess first thing in the morning. He seems Ok now except still a little bit lazy but he did have a hard day I have been a nervous wreck all day thinking all the worst things :roll:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Poor little Auggie....glad to hear he is doing better tonight...maybe he had a bit of a bug or was overheated...I wet down Bella's pads when it is so hot out...she had a bad day a few weeks ago...vomiting and lethargic and her breeder suggested I try that and it seemed to help.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Poor Auggie I am so glad he is better, I had rush Bindi to the vet today, I know how you feel!!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
:( My Precious-Pearl sometimes vomites at night i give her peptobismo and it seems to help.She jsut had an upset stomach.I know its hard but i am glad Auggie is doing better.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone He is definitely better He has not thrown up in over 24 hours and is eating and drinking. the only thing is he is not playing or doing zoomies but that maybe he is just not 100 % yet and it is so darn HOT :wave:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Glad Auggie is better. :)

Last weekend I was watching this animal vet show and the vet was saying that it is not recommended to hose down a dog to cool it down from being hot from the heat because it can cause a shock from going from hot to cold so quickly, and it can even result in vomitting and other things. I thought that was kind of interesting and something to think about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts