Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is sweet little Frankie.

We got him from a pet store that told us his pedigree papers had gone missing. I would like info on whether he looks like a real chihuahua. He is currently six months old, do you think he'll get any bigger? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! xx

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Did they really say his pedigree papers had gone missing? That's probably one of the worst excuses I've ever heard. It's amazing how low these pet stores and puppy mills will stoop to make some money. I'm sure he doesn't have any pedigree papers coming from a pet store, but he does definitely look purebred. He's a cutie.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Totally agreed. He is most likely not pedigree, but he does look purebred. What a cutie! As for size, It depends on his genetics. Some pups are full grown at 6 mos, some have a ways to go yet. Since he comes from a pet store, you will just have to wait and see!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
He is adorable! He looks purebred to me but how can a pet shop lose important papers? There is no proof that this little guy even has them. Still, even if you were cheated..look at that little man! Beautiful colors! I would ask your vet who should be able to give you more information.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
He looks to be a Chihuahua. Pet store puppies can be outrageous on prices though hope you got a deal being no paper work on him.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
He does look like a gorgeous little pure bred Chihuahua. He probably doesn't have papers anywhere, though. Pet stores are notorious for doing these things and making excuses. That doesn't mean he won't be a wonderful pet.

If he is 6 months old, he probably won't get TOO much bigger, but it depends on the dog. Toby basically stopped growing after his neuter. He is 7.5 months old now and both the breeder and the vet have told us that he is just going to be smaller than expected, around 5 pounds instead of 6. But he should fill out a little. I'd expect your dog will gain some weight but he might not LOOK bigger.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just wanna give him a big kiss!!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Oh he's gorgeous, what a prince!!!

I thought DNA Testing was available in the USA all over the place and really, really inexpensive (well, compared to here anyways).

If he has any other breed in him, I would go for Mini Fox Terrier - his coat strikes me as slightly different to most purebred shorthair Chi's as in there's a heck of a lot of it, it's very dense, seemingly coarse and quite long etc.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
ANOTHER BANDIT FACE!!! YAY! You must take photos. Miya and Hershey (other Chi Poeple members) are bandit faces, too, and I LOVE them.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

This is sweet little Frankie.

We got him from a pet store that told us his pedigree papers had gone missing. I would like info on whether he looks like a real chihuahua. He is currently six months old, do you think he'll get any bigger? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! xx
Frankie come live with me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts