Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have that problem?
I guess it’s really me, she’s a long hair Chi so maybe she just gets hot.
But I just see all these cute little outfits and I’m like O Katie would look so cute in this!
But she rubs all over the carpet like she’s trying to get it off! Haha, so, I just don’t buy them anymore.
Does anyone else have this issue, or is mine just stubborn!haha!

·
Registered
5 Posts
But I just see all these cute little outfits and I’m like O Katie would look so cute in this!
But she rubs all over the carpet like she’s trying to get it off! Haha, so, I just don’t buy them anymore.
My girls don't rub on the carpet, but when I put sweaters on them they just freeze up. Like what the heck is this, lol.
So no your not alone, mine doesn't like them either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Libby is a puppy so I bought her a t-shirt to wear around the house so she’ll get used to wearing clothes as an adult. I’ve tried three times, but she manages to get it off every time. The longest she “halfway” wore it was 30 minutes because she fell asleep before she could finish taking it off. :}

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t put clothes on her anymore, but I do buy cute little harness for her!
When I put her harness on her while she is sitting on the arm of the couch, she will not move!😂 it is the funniest thing!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's interesting to hear your stories. We are brand new "parents" to a 4 year old male chihuahua. I worry so much about him being cold, that I feel better when he wears clothes. He will wear a jacket when we go outside, but in the house is always squiggling and burrowing and this makes his clothes fall off. I think he likes to be naked! He will eventually put his harness on, but every time he acts like he has never seen it before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are just so funny!
Katie will wear her harness and a jacket if it’s cold outside, but when we get home, she wants that off!!!
She is also a long hair Chi, so she stays warm.
It kinda sucks cause I really want to dress her up!😂

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lucy expects if you put clothes on her you had better be taking her out someplace otherwise she has lots to say about it.
They are just so funny!
I bought Katie the cutest little harness, it was a little pink dress with lace!
Omgosh, she looked so cute!!!
But she hated the lace so I cut it off! LOL!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Rufus hates putting clothes on, but once their on he's generally okay with it... maybe a bit cranky for a minute or 2. I usually only try to put clothes on him when we are going out in the cold though, so he knows that he's getting to go on an adventure (which is his favorite thing!). He still fights me every time, no matter how many treats I offer. He would much rather be cold I guess, haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rufus hates putting clothes on, but once their on he's generally okay with it... maybe a bit cranky for a minute or 2. I usually only try to put clothes on him when we are going out in the cold though, so he knows that he's getting to go on an adventure (which is his favorite thing!). He still fights me every time, no matter how many treats I offer. He would much rather be cold I guess, haha.
They can be so stubborn!😀 LOL

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I love this post! My girls are older and are used to wearing harnesses, clothes, etc. We live in NY so most of the year they even understand it keeps them warm. If I even open the door on a mild fall day, they will freeze in place and refuse to go out unless we bundle them. Lolli, my oldest, sees wearing clothes to mean that she can go with us (we take her more places then the others as we brought her from when we lived overseas and she's well traveled. She does perfectly in the car or going to public places while the others can get a little nervous). She even will jump up on a chair, wag her tail with tongue out smiling and help to put her harness and sweater or coat on.

Bella, our 9 year old rescue we got here in America, is almost fur-less and will start attaching herself to the heater in the house the minute it drops to 65 degrees. She intensely hates the cold and will easily sit still for her harness, sweater and blankie if it means she can go outside with us.

Our newest boy, Grendel, is long-haired and absolutely fearless! We've had him a year now from 8 weeks old on and he went head first into the snow from the first time seeing it. He sunk a lot and looked confused but it sure didn't stop him from going on headfirst with enthusiasm! That being said, he finds even a tiny harness an offense that rivals putting chains on a locked up convict lol. He seems to know we are getting ready to put something on him when he sees the girls getting ready and will bolt like lightening. We've had to have our entire family enter into a football lock team block in order to get him lol. Once gotten, his squiggly little self fights tooth and nail for his sweater and harness. After he gets them on, he really tries to guilt us for doing this horrible thing to him. But when it gets cold, if we don't put these on him, he will come back in shivering like crazy and we have to hold him in a towel for some time to get him to stop. Maybe when he gets older, he will understand more and settle down but so far, it's not connecting. We've had him a year now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s funny! Your little guy sounds like my little Katie!
She doesn’t mind the rain and I think she makes it a point to walk through every water puddle! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts