Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Thanks. He is half Chihuahua and half Boston terrier. You can thank the Boston for the markings.

Mary I can almost guarantee there is no Boston in him, these aren't Boston's
markings. He looks like a Chihuahua/Basenji mix. Google "Tri colored Basenji".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actualy if you saw him in person he is for sure Boston. Her has a tiny cork skrew tail like a boston and that picture doesn't show it but he is stocky and square like a Boston. The vet and I both think for sure boston.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Actualy if you saw him in person he is for sure Boston. Her has a tiny cork skrew tail like a boston and that picture doesn't show it but he is stocky and square like a Boston. The vet and I both think for sure boston.

I have two Basenjis, it is my breed of choice and passion. It is not a common
breed so your vet might not even know about it. Basenjis also have a curled tail,
do a little research, it will help you understand where some of his quirks come
from, Basenjis and Basenji mixes have very interesting characteristics. Your boy
is a mini version of my Benji. It is undeniable. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love besenjis and know a lot about them. I used to train and show conformation show dogs and know my breeds. Again if you saw his back end short legs and that is is a perfect boston backend and the way he runs is total boston.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Mary, I thought you might get a kick out of this...here is my Benji, let me know if you see a resemblance to your cutie. :)

You can see the boys' curly tails here. A Basenji can come in different color combinations.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
I love besenjis and know a lot about them. I used to train and show conformation show dogs and know my breeds. Again if you saw his back end short legs and that is is a perfect boston backend and the way he runs is total boston.

Just missed this post.
I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, just thought perhaps you never considered
the possibility of a Basenji since they are not well known. Never mind, he's a
cutie that's all that matters.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh actualy I thou about it a lot for the first few days. I did really but he has non of the sleek elegence is the besenji. Your are stunning! I will take a pic that is at the right angle to show the whole body. LOL if you only saw his butt. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts