Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im new here, im Kaytee, and I just wanted to show off a few cute pics of my 1lb, 10 week old tiny-tiny-tiny baby. Her names Paris. She was having quite some time getting into this water bottle. It was soo cute.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awww thank you. i almost lost her today, she had somekinda disease... and i thought she was dead this morning, but we rushed her to vet and got her taken care of.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
1lb is very small for 10 weeks, my boy is little n he's 1lb 8 oz at 10 weeks, I dont think even Nemo was that tiny. She's a real cutie tho, where did u get her from? was it hypoglycemia

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Welcome to chi-ppl :)
First of all ---------> she really cute

NO TEACUPS- NO SUCH THING!
You should really know the name of the desease she had earlier!

Welcome though, I hope you stay to learn loads! :wave:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
She's precious :)

But, I agree with the above poster. There's no such thing as Teacups as you will come to learn from this site if you decide to stick around. And you should know what you're chi had. I mean, what if she gets it again and you can't tell a doctor what she had because you "didn't know".

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I have heard all the "no such thing as a teacup" stuff, but that is whatevery one calls her, and I dont know what else to call her other then....tiny-tiny-tiny...

Anyways the medical problems she had today was cochsedia.....i guess that is how it is spelled. I dont know but when i got her out of her crate this morning i thought she was dead, but it turned out her temp was 95, she was dehydrated, and basically in a little coma, they said she woudlnt have made it probably another few min, if i wouldnt have woke up then and found her. Anyway she was there alll day and a few hundred dollars, two i.v's, a heating pad and some shots later she came out of it and is okay, she just has to take medicine.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
my little boy Nemo was always called a teacup by people he was extremly small and sadly he was killed at 15 weeks in a freak accident, I used to say he was a coke can chi cos thats how big he was lol :( with tiny ones you really need to be on your guard at all times, I'm happy ur little girl is ok. You're better off informing people that she's a tiny chi cos the term teacup is only used by puppy farmers to market badly bred puppys. Welcome to the board and I hope you find it an informative stay :D

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
thats precicley what you call her...
"no shes not a teacup cause theres no such thing realy, shes just very small..."

she is adorable though, make sure to not only keep her meds up but keep an eye on her for hypoglycemia...being so small she might have a few attacks...
welcome...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, it was weird, and the vet said she probably picked up the virus from the park from another dogs poo, and it just hit her really hard because shes soooo small.

On that note, is it a bad thing that she is so small? I mean other then the obvious low blood sugar and such...

by the way, if you dont mind me asking, what happened to Nemo?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The teacup word just annoys me. No offense. I had a lady ask me one day at the pet supply store if Preslee was a teacup. At the time I also had my friends maltese with me along with my cairn/crested mix, Memphis. I was in a really crappy mood so I said yes, sarcasticly. Then added as I pointed to the maltese, "Shes a mug, and hes a teapot" as I then pointed to Memphis. the lady just looked confused and walked away.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
hey shes adorable !!

got one question why would the vet think she got it in the park have you had her there cause 1 shes too small and 2 she prob dont have all her shots

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2pups622 said:
hey shes adorable !!

got one question why would the vet think she got it in the park have you had her there cause 1 shes too small and 2 she prob dont have all her shots
she has had two sets of shots, and the first time she was at that vet she didnt have the problem, and the way the virus is gotten is through poo, so he thinks that she stepped on someones poo and licked her paws...? I mean I dont think theres a way to know how she got it EXACTLY. It was just his guess.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
IWannaBeParis said:
yea, it was weird, and the vet said she probably picked up the virus from the park from another dogs poo, and it just hit her really hard because shes soooo small.

On that note, is it a bad thing that she is so small? I mean other then the obvious low blood sugar and such...

by the way, if you dont mind me asking, what happened to Nemo?
Nemo died when another dog jumped on him and hit his soft spot he had a brain hemorrhage and died on the spot I was tramatised for months :(, small pups can die from anything I've heard of them falling of sofas and hitting heads even stairs can be a death trap to a tiny one. Thats why I'm so overprotective of Stitch and he isnt as small he isnt big tho either lol. Any virus's, feeding problems, accidents, knocks etc will hit a small pup a lot harder due to them being more delicate. I tend to view Stitch as more of a baby and less of a dog now mainly due to what happened with Nemo.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts