Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to take the little runt off nana last night! It was a good choice (in my opinion) after 'rescuing' him twice in 10 min coz she sat on him & he was crying I decided that he is to weak 2 b safe with the litter! He had a much better sleep last night, less crying I think he is warmer in his new bed with the hot water bottle under him! Today he has been drinking his bottle much better & is settled & calm!!!

View attachment 19697

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
874 Posts
Awww lil puppy! Enjoy your nice warm new bed!

Are you still going to try to get him to feed off mom? I don't know much about breeding dogs, but I know with rabbits the runts always do better if you can get the mom to feed them at least once a day (of course, the mom's are not big fans of this, as it goes against their nature). Their milk is so much more nutritious than the store bought stuff! Is it the same with dogs?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Make sure you put the pup with Mom to feed, and for her to stimulate him to 'go' 3-4 times a day. Otherwise YOU have to do it. Good luck with him.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awww lil puppy! Enjoy your nice warm new bed!

Are you still going to try to get him to feed off mom? I don't know much about breeding dogs, but I know with rabbits the runts always do better if you can get the mom to feed them at least once a day (of course, the mom's are not big fans of this, as it goes against their nature). Their milk is so much more nutritious than the store bought stuff! Is it the same with dogs?
I was putting him back with his mum & I think it was making things worse! He wasn't even sucking the bottle any more I had 2 change to syringe feeding him! Now he is happily sucking like crazy!! He is so much more relaxed & settled not being with his mum & litter!! Maybe in another day or so I wil see about putting him back as he will be much stronger!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Make sure you put the pup with Mom to feed, and for her to stimulate him to 'go' 3-4 times a day. Otherwise YOU have to do it. Good luck with him.
Lol I did read this while I was 'google ing' & was amazed at this!! I hav been helping him go & so has ruby!! She likes to mother him!! Which is great as nana is not bothered at all that he is not there!!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
It's great that Ruby is helping! As he grows further, make sure he has litter time, even though he's not feeding. They learn so much from each other.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My little runt is doing AMAZINGLY!!! He is now 343g!!! Nearly 200g bigger!! He is even getting chubby!!! If I'm home or only going out quickly he spends time with his litter & will sometimes hav a quick feed from nana!! Although he still has no chance against every1 else!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts