Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, but I'm a bit worried about my chi, we went away for a nite in a hotel and she came with us, but on the way home which was a short journey, she wet herself twice while sitting on my lap, which she has never done before, an then we stopped off somewhere on the way home and maisy was cold, so I took everything out of my furry bag and snuggled her in, only to find that wen I got home she had we wet herself in my bag, I put er in the garden and she went agen, but when she came back inside she had an accident on the floor, some times she goes for hours without needing a wee, so I am a bit concerned, is it purly because she's cold? Or is it the start of a problem? By the way she has just turned 1.
Many thanks tammy xx

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Is she ok in the car ? or nervous? Nerves can do funny things.I would see what she's like now you're home and if she's doing a lot of wees i would see your vet

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh that is a lot 10 times is far too much,mine only ever do 1or maybe sometimes 2 wees when they go out,i would have her checked at the vets

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Is she spayed? I find when one of my unspayed girls is coming into heat, they wee everywhere, trying to get their sent out for the males. Even my mostly housetrained one would wee on the carpet on the way to the outside in the morning. But I would also have her checked, it sounds like it could be a UTI.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I would agree - Get the vets to check her out. If its a UTI its usually just a course of antibiotics to sort it out, but if you leave it then more serious problems can happen. Hope she feels better soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts