Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bred mice for several years, but am currently taking a break, but I still have a housefull :)

Bucks:

CoCo-Chocolate

Tiger-Brindle

Monk-Broken Agouti

Chubby-Brindle

Nice Mouse-PEW

Sky-Lilac

Martin-Recessive Yellow

Midnight-Black Self

Dante-Black Merle

Bob-Brindle

Pete- Unmarked Brindle

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does

Patches-Broken Black

Foxy-Recessive Yellow

Flash-Broken Black

Flower-Chocolate

Lilly-Brindle

Zizou-Burmese Satin

Shine- Recessive Yellow Satin

Echo-Dove Self

Fluffy-Broken Blue Angora

Maple-Broken Chocolate

Abby-Brindle

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Baily-Blue Merle

Bella-Broken black merle

Chokoray-Chocolate Roan

Harper-Dove Longhair

Sunny-Recessive Yellow

Lady- Burmese

Snow- PEW

Eve-Silver Mock Agouti/Chin

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I had no idea that mice came in so many colors! wow! Neat!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Oh cute! I love the last one! When I was a kid I always loved hamsters.....we lived in a apartment complex and a group of kids caught a mouse.....and one of my boy friends told me about it so I went to look at it..then the kids wanted to set it's tail on fire :( I was so upset I told them Hey he's cute can I hold him? and then once I had him I RAN to my house sooo fast LOL I saved the little guy I was probably 11 I was so proud lolol After that I took care of the lil guy called him Lucky and he lived for a long while after that I loved mice when I was a kid. Now they are cute but don't have any but I love all the colors I didn't know they had that many either!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Very beautiful, I had no idea they came in so many colors either. Did you show them or just breed them?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The mice I have are all "pet" type, but I entered them into pet shows.
True show mice are less common in the US. They are much larger then "pet" mice, have a longer,thicker tail and huge ears.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Theyre beautiful! I had no idea mice came in such a variety of colors, nor did I know they have shows for them. Theyre so lovely. I had mice as a child, but nothing as fancy as those. I love the lavender, just the color I picture when I think of a mouse :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i love Dante and shine :) .
i used to breed mice just as a hobby although i did have a couple go to a home that shows , one of them making it onto tv with Dr Harry Cooper (not sure if you guys know who that is but he is a famous vet in Australia ) .
not sure what one of the colours i had was called though , all went to show homes .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Australia doesnt have "show" type mice, so their pet mice are allowed to be shown.
I think Ive heard of Dr Harry Cooper ( I think he was in one of my pigeon magizines)

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
AWW so sweet and so many colors.THey all are very cute.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Awe. We fostered two "Dumbo" rats for a while till they passed, cancer survivors and mean as hell after a pretty miserable start in life but I learned an appreciation for all creatures large and small.

I too learned that mice come in all colors!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts