Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week ago today, I came home to find Bruiser completely paralyzed and blind. I rushed him to the vet and they couldn't be sure what happened to him. They weren't sure that he would make it through this ordeal or if he did what lasting effects it would have on him. Well, one week later he is acting perfectly normal. I feel so blessed to have him with me still. I know God was watching over him and I will be forever grateful to Him for sparing my little boy's life. I am still very paranoid and take him everywhere with me. I am so afraid to come home and find him that way again. Please pray that subsides. I hate being paranoid. Without further ado, here is my miracle boy yesterday!! I love my little man so much!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
WOW! how terrible. They can't figure why. How frustrating for you and the vet I am sure. Maybe a reaction to a bug bite or something he ingested. Poor fella. Prays it will never happen again and for you to be calm and not have the fear it will happen again.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Awwww, that is such wonderful news! That paranoid feeling will last awhile. It took me months to shake those crazy feelings after I almost lost my 4 to an illness. So glad that he is back to himself! :) (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awe he is so sweet---we need more regular pictures of your crew btw ;) So glad he is back on his paw-paws.
I know...I have tons but just uploading them to photobucket and then posting them makes me not want to do it...lol. I will try to post regular pics from now on!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
glad he got through it.:D i was the same when roxi got really ill and the vets didnt know what was wrong. but i just kept telling myself that hse is ok and that theres nothjing to worry about. but i do keep a very close eye on her :)
hes a stunner btw :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, what a scary situation, especially since you were not given any answers. I'm so thrilled he is ok now, and lets hope he never gives you another scare again! He is a cutie!!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aww he is such a sweetie! I'm so glad he pulled through and is healthy!! Wonderful news! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
woah. Did they give you any possibilities as to what it could have been?? I am so glad he's all right. I can totally relate to the paranoia because I am quite paranoid. Even hearing this makes me nervous about my babies. So I don't have any advice on how to get rid of it. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'm sorry you went through such an ordeal with Bruiser. :( I'm SO glad he's made a full recovery though--what a blessing!! He is very handsome btw...love those big brown eyes. :love5:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
OMg hon how scary! Thank God for looking out for little Bruiser! I pray this was a one time thing and he'll be alright. My gosh that must have been so scary, so sorry you had to go through something like that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts