Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is in the hospital, she woke up last night about 1 am with a pain in her chest. My dad and my brother took her to the er and later found out she has a collasped lung and a hole in her lung.. she will be in there til at least the middle of next week..... i feel so :sad5: right now

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smoking, she is quiting though, they put her on the patch today, she said she didnt want to quit before but she said after having to get a tube put her in side , she wants to... the doctor said it was either quit smoking or die.... my dad is quiting as well

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'm so sorry. I hope she feels better. I know how bad smoking can be as I had to watch my granddad suffer because of it for many years. I'll keep your mum in my thoughts. {{hugs}}

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Praying for a speedy recovery for your Mom. I went thru something very similar 6 1/2 yrs ago, chest tubes and all. The day I went in I smoked three packs a day. After being admitted I told Phil to throw all my cigarettes away, I would not be smoking anymore and I haven't. She can do it. A real scare like that can give a person the incentive they need! God Bless.

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
That's great that you quit Lin! My grandma wants to quit but just can't. :( Her boyfriend smoked tons and has horrible episodes of coughing, he's even passed out before. Well early last year he got really really sick. It really scared him. He's never smoked since. Sometimes a wake-up call is what we really need.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I hope your mom gets better real soon! My grandma was kind of like that...smoked all the time...until she got diagnosed with lung cancer. She hasn't smoked once since. So like everyone said, sometimes it just takes a big scare to get you to stop doing the things that you know are bad for you. But like I said, I'm hoping for a quick recovery for you mom! Lots of hugs

·
Registered
256 Posts
I hope everything improves, I know how you feel. My grandad died through smoking related illnesses, it was awful to watch the way it affected him.

Lots of well wishes for a speedy recovery from Steph and Lewie x

·
Registered
803 Posts
ahhh wishing your mum a speedy recovery too, Its horrible to see someone ill in hospital i absolutley hate hospitals. My best friends mum had a collasped lung few years back but she still smokes and she has asthma(sp?) aswell so she definatly isnt helping herself. she quit for like a yr then started again!!

Good luck to your mum quiting!!
((Hugs))

sam and mylo xx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts