Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a photo of the Chihuahua cross Jack Russell puppy I have booked. He is only two and a half weeks old. The other 2 photos are of his dad. I just LOVE the dad. This is why I have decided to get another puppy as I so want one like him (Paddy). I have a 17 week old Shih Tzu puppy also, so I'm sure they will become good friends when the new puppy is old enough to play. Can hardly wait for the new one. Still about 5 or 6 weeks to wait .. and I have zero patiance! Unfortunately the mother is VERY young (11 months) and she is looking quite thin (babies will be taking everything). She had 4 babies and one died. She is also Chi cross JR but more lengthy than the dad. I'm so hoping the baby is just like his dad and not lengthy like the mum. Either way he should be tiny as the parents are very small and my puppy is the smallest in the litter ... so fingers crossed he turns out to be a little Paddy (who has SO much character) :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Paddy is super cute. Hope the pup turns out like him. I'm sure you'll love him no matter what. you'll have to keep posting pic.s so we can see how he turns out.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sometimes they surprise you, my little girl was the fattest little thing, she beat all her brothers out for food and now she's the smallest of them all. All the brothers ended up being 7-8ish pounds and my girl is just at 6 haha.

He's adorable, and Paddy is beautiful! You'll be lucky to have a little one kin to him!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes they surprise you, my little girl was the fattest little thing, she beat all her brothers out for food and now she's the smallest of them all. All the brothers ended up being 7-8ish pounds and my girl is just at 6 haha.
Hmmm hope he stays small ... or I'll have to get a 4th dog lol. Really want a teeny one. My Shih Tzu's are heffalumps to lift up. Well my older one is. Baby is about three and half kg right now and she is just over 4 months. I know she will grow some more. I think spaying also adds some weight over time. I'd like to neuter the new pup when he is old enough.. but wondering if that will put on weight and make him heavier :confused: .. But as someone else said .. we'll love him no matter how he turns out :) ... BTW ... u have some really cute dogs there :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
desexing hasn't made none of my dogs fat at all :) , but all mine were also desexed early in life .
My Keona was also the largest born but by the time she was ready to come home was the smallest , because your boy is a cross he could really go either way although even most Jack Russells are not as big as a Shih Tzu :) .
dad is gorgeous :) looks to be more chi than jack as well :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Godric is large, but I haven't noticed an increase in his weight since neutering. I actually upped his food for a while because he was skin-and-bones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
desexing hasn't made none of my dogs fat at all :) , but all mine were also desexed early in life .
My Keona was also the largest born but by the time she was ready to come home was the smallest , because your boy is a cross he could really go either way although even most Jack Russells are not as big as a Shih Tzu :) .
dad is gorgeous :) looks to be more chi than jack as well :)
Well the mum is also Chi/JR. She is tiny and tanned colour all over. To look at her u would not say she has any JR in her. Her head is very dainty and more Chihuahua. Her body is longer than the dad and as I mentioned she is very skinny since having these pups .. so this makes her look even more lengthy. Almost get the impression there is some dashund in her .. but then I think Chi's can have a bit of length can't they? I have never owned a pure bred Chi .. so not sure exactly what characteristics they have. I have seen some really cute pure bred Chi's on the net lately but really expensive .. out of my bracket unfortunately :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi your new baby looks just like his dad and he seems to be very small good luck on your patience waiting on him

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies :thumbright: ... Just have to resist being a pest about visiting him. I'm going to try and wait 2 weeks before I going again. Attached is a photo of my Shih Tzu puppy Pepper, who is now 18 weeks old. She is so sweet :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Well the mum is also Chi/JR. She is tiny and tanned colour all over. To look at her u would not say she has any JR in her. Her head is very dainty and more Chihuahua. Her body is longer than the dad and as I mentioned she is very skinny since having these pups .. so this makes her look even more lengthy. Almost get the impression there is some dashund in her .. but then I think Chi's can have a bit of length can't they? I have never owned a pure bred Chi .. so not sure exactly what characteristics they have. I have seen some really cute pure bred Chi's on the net lately but really expensive .. out of my bracket unfortunately :)
Mum sounds like a real cutie :) , some chi's can look a little long same as the jacks , your little guy is adorable cant wait to see him grow , he looks like he will be a very handsome boy :).
some of the chi,s for sale can have a crazy amount on them , i have been lucky enough to make friends with a breeder so have got both my girls cheaper than what advertised .

what a pretty girl Pepper is :) i love her colour , i haven't seen a lot of Shih Tzus around with so much colour like her , most around here have alot of white .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mum sounds like a real cutie :) , some chi's can look a little long same as the jacks , your little guy is adorable cant wait to see him grow , he looks like he will be a very handsome boy :).
some of the chi,s for sale can have a crazy amount on them , i have been lucky enough to make friends with a breeder so have got both my girls cheaper than what advertised .

what a pretty girl Pepper is :) i love her colour , i haven't seen a lot of Shih Tzus around with so much colour like her , most around here have alot of white .
Hi sugarbaby ... ur babies are sooo sweet! Yes lucky to know a breeder .. can have it's advantages :)

Pepper will lighten up a lot in colour I believe. Although if anything, her face has gone blacker lately. Time will tell. I did choose her for colour (as there was a fair bit of white in the litter .. though also pretty) .. but now I just love her for her :) ... Attached photo of her litter siblings (of course she is the little gold one) :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Hi sugarbaby ... ur babies are sooo sweet! Yes lucky to know a breeder .. can have it's advantages :)

Pepper will lighten up a lot in colour I believe. Although if anything, her face has gone blacker lately. Time will tell. I did choose her for colour (as there was a fair bit of white in the litter .. though also pretty) .. but now I just love her for her :) ... Attached photo of her litter siblings (of course she is the little gold one) :)
she is the pick of the litter defiantly :) , the others are like the ones i see around here , even if she does lighten i think she will be stunning :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
she is the pick of the litter defiantly :) , the others are like the ones i see around here , even if she does lighten i think she will be stunning :)
Awww that's quite a compliment .. thankyou ;) ... Here is a photo of her mother .. hence the reason I think she will lighten and also one of her brother .. he was the other brown in the litter :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts