Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may have already seen these pics in my other thread, though it wasn't actually meant to be a picture thread and they were 3 or so pages into the thread so some of you may not have seen them. I apologise if you have though.

Fern is my first Chi (not my first dog) I also own a 5 year old Bichon Frise called Dougal :)
She has only been with me 6 days but she's settling in just great. She's 2 1/2 and the breeder was selling her because she can't have any more pups as she's had to c-sections before :( I saw her and fell in love straight away (even though I was originally looking for a puppie). She was everything I was looking for and more.... just perfect!
She is the most loving, affectionate baby I have ever owned and wants nothing more than to be cuddled and loved all day :love8: I love her to bits and she's already my best friend. She goes everywhere with me and even sleeps in my bed lol.

Anyway, enough of me lol, here's Fern ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet she's loving all the attention!
Just a bit ;) If it was up to Fern she'd be on my lap all day having cuddles and love. Actually, I think she is on my lap all day, well most of the day :love8: However, I'm trying to get her used to being a little bit more independent because if I ever have to go away for the weekend (which I normally do twice a year) she needs to be OK with being left with my Mum. She gets on with both my Mum and Dad and will have cuddles and love off any of them but she seems to have taken a particular shine to me and now starts to cry even when I leave her with one of them just to go to the loo or make a drink, etc. I don't mind this because it's what I wanted (a best friend who will love unconditionally) but I'm just slightly worried because of her getting upset when I have to go away for those weekends.
It's definitely true what I read about Chi's getting close to just one family member :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts