Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brody loves his new chew toy, real deer antlers. I'll have to get David to saw it up into more manageable pieces, but he was thrilled with the real thing!!

"What in the heck is this?!"

"I chewz it!"

"I likes to drag it around!"

"he he look at me, I is hiding."

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, he's in hog heaven. I have bought him the antlers from bestbullysticks.com and they are expensive!! A friend of ours asked if we wanted some deer antlers and I said "heck yeah!" ha ha. They last forever. I probably have a lifetime supply. LOL!

Brodysmom

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow!! didnt know you could eat it! :O

ps i love Brodys collar!! x
thanks princess - his collar is a Susan Lanci and I would definitely buy more from her line. It's so lightweight and soft! Definitely my favorite collar and he has several. :)

You can buy deer antlers for dog chews at a lot of high end pet stores. A natural chew that doesn't splinter and has no odor. It also contains trace minerals, phosphorus, calcium, zinc.

Here's one source that talks about them ....

http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/bbs/smartlist_25/antlerz.html

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Wow! Brody's chewie is much bigger than he is, and yes, it looks like it will last a very l-o-n-g time. I didn't know dogs could chew deer antlers. Brody is much loved and spoiled rotten too.

·
Registered
852 Posts
yeah, he's in hog heaven. I have bought him the antlers from bestbullysticks.com and they are expensive!! A friend of ours asked if we wanted some deer antlers and I said "heck yeah!" ha ha. They last forever. I probably have a lifetime supply. LOL!

Brodysmom
I never knew you could buy them online, probably not over here though lol we never get anything good over here!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ugh I need family who hunt/have deer antlers laying around! I haven't given them to the wee ones yet but the bigger pooches in the family get antlers and elk antlers. But they are expensive its ridiculous! Lucky lucky you! And lucky lucky Brody

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hahaha wow thats huge! LOL! i like the small antlers from bestbullysticks as they are easier to carrry around and play with on the ground...those i would be afraid of LOL! it could poke an eye out!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahaha wow thats huge! LOL! i like the small antlers from bestbullysticks as they are easier to carrry around and play with on the ground...those i would be afraid of LOL! it could poke an eye out!
LOL Pidge! I thought of Dexter when I gave this to Brody cuz I know he likes antlers. ha. Yeah, we will get it cut up, he only has one good eye left ya know!! Wouldn't want it poked out. HA HA.

Brodysmom

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Brody cracks me up! What a face on him!! I just want to kiss and hug him up!
Those antlers are great. I'll have to look into it for my chi's. Brody seems to really like it! ;)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I never considered the antlers before. I'll have to speak to my deer hunting family members about those. What about the hooves? Are those smelly like cow hooves?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts