Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first chi he is only 10 weeks old, when i first got him he had kennel cough and now it has turned into pneumonia.. he has been hospitalized and they dont know how he is going to be. I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else and if somebody had a story that could give me some confidence thanx...Joe ps: say a prayer for Little Lito.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I moved this to chi questions and articles to get a better response. You can introduce yourself in the newbie section....

I am definately going to pray for Lito.....may God keep his angels around him and get well soon :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thank you for moving my question.. Where exactly is willow grove I have heard of it before? I appreciate your prayers..

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Re: Thanks

Joepa90 said:
Thank you for moving my question.. Where exactly is willow grove I have heard of it before? I appreciate your prayers..
uh hmmm....we are about 35 min apart I dont know how to tell you where :oops: it used be exit 27 on the turnpike i dont know what the new numbers are maybe 343???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

I went to the hospital to visit lito tonight and they have him on oxygen and he has a little I.V. in his leg. They said he isnt doing any better or worse, he is having trouble breathing without being in the oxygen. They still couldnt tell me if he is going to make it or not but they are optimistic.. I appreciate all of your best wishes and I'll keep you informed.. Thank you..

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
He is Beautiful!! I am sending prayers and a speedy recovery to Lito! And prayers for you too for having to go through this!

BTW Welcome to the board! :wave:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Awww poor little guy!
He sure is adorable.
We are sending thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I am praying for a full recovery for your little furbaby.

I haven't had any experience with Kennel Cough or pneumonia, but Tucker came down with PARVO when he was only about 7 weeks old and weighed only 1.2 pounds. He spent 8 nights at the vet hospital---so I understand a bit of the anguish and worry that you are going through. Please keep us updated on little Lito's progress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE

The vet called me today and said he made tremendous progress. I went to visit him and he looked comfortable out of the oxygen. The vet said that they where going to try to take him out of the oxygen tomorrow and as soon as he can stay out of the oxygen and take meds orally instead of the I.V. he will be coming home shortly... Its just the matter of him kicking the infection and getting all of the nasty stuff out of his lung.. I sincerely appreciate all of your concerns and prayers, I am totally blown away by all of your kindness. I will keep you updated and hopefully have even better news for yah next time thanks ....Joe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts