Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a baby boy in Septa nd cannot wait (Any suggestions on names would be greatly appreciated. He is cream with a blk nose - short coat.

So far I have the follwoing propared:
A bed
A gate for kitchen
Food / drinkbowls
Car harness
kong
teddies
Extendable lead
Brush
Nail cutters
Travel pen to collect him in

I know I still need
Collar and name tag
dry Royal canin Food
Ear wipes
Tooth brush
Toothpaste

Have I missed anything I need to buy?????

Thanks
Clare x :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Congratulations! I am so excited for you. It looks like your list is pretty much complete, although I would suggest getting a blanket for the bed, as Chihuahuas like to burrow underneath things like that. :D

Post pictures of your new little boy when you take some! :wave:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
hmmm not that i know of looks like you are very organised and prepared - erm but i just got this new tear stain remover for their eyes, which is good - but i dont think thats a desperate need just handy. erm did you mention wee wee pads?

and by the way congrats :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my chi chi

I hope my new chi is as cute as all yours!!!!

With regards to the 'pee pads' my sister got me some but I was not sure how to use them. Where do you put them. I think its the bed incase they ahev an 'accident' but you should not encourage them to us the pee pad. Is that correct?
Thanks
Clare

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Are you going to crate train your little one? You may want to get a clock that ticks (the old-style wind-up ones) to put in the bedding for his/her first few days home. It will mimic the sound of momma's heartbeat and keep his/her stress level down at night.

Also they sell disks that you put in your microwave and heat up - you insert them in your dog's bedding and it keeps the bed warm up to 9 hours or something like that. I didn't notice where you live but if you're in a colder climate, you might want one of those handy.

The pee pads have some kind of scent that attract dogs and make them "want" to pee on them. You need to put them where the dog can access them - if you're penning him in the kitchen during the day, leave a couple in there, far from his/her food and bed. With Cooper, I had one by the back door and would put him on it if I saw him squatting in the house, then I'd open the back door while saying "potty". As he got older, the back door pad was the only one in the house and it made it easier to train him to go to the back door once he transitioned to going outside for potty breaks.

Good luck with your new baby!!! Post loads of photos because the people around here will come to your house and push you around if you don't!! :lol: (I'm not kidding either!)

(Okay, I am kidding ... but I still think they'd do it.)

·
Registered
565 Posts
you're pretty well prepared...though i strongly recommend the microwavable heating pads. They even make cuddle toys that have a removable insert that you can microwave and then stick back in. I put the heated cuddle toy in my puppy's bed at night for the first couple weeks and i think it helped a lot. also, if the breeder can give you something with the mother's scent on it that will help a lot too (i think most breeders will do that anyway without you having to ask, but just to make sure)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts