Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks first to Brody's Mom for inviting me over here! I'm so excited to have my new puppy and talk all about her...as well as learn about your Chi dogs!!

So, a bit of background. We just adopted her through a rescue agency. We got her 3 days ago and she's doing just fabulously. She is 3 1/2 months old and 3.7 lbs. She is solid black and a long haired Chi. She had a horrible beginning coming from a breeder who allowed her and her siblings to become infested with fleas and contract Parvo. SHe is the only survivor after the breeder dumped them at a local shelter.

She is perfectly healthy now, and disease/virus free. We had to wait a period of time to ensure our other rescue dog would be okay being around her. Our other pup is a miniature poodle who we adopted a year and a half ago.

So, she was not crate trained nor was she house trained, but she is doing SOOOO well with both! She's new walking all by herself into her crate, and she hasn't had any accidents (we are very diligent with taking her outside to potty).

We raw feed our dogs, and are just now putting her on a raw diet. It's new for her, and she's just figuring it out, but she works on it (chicken necks to begin)

So....she is so adorable (she's sleeping in my lap right now). I am so in love with this little one. I hope to learn lots from you all, and to contribute to the forum as well. Thanks again BrodysMom for guiding me here!!

Twyla :hello1:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
WELCOME! Congrats on your new little one! You will have fun and learn a ton from others here-I sure have! Oh, and I agree-we LOVE pics! Post some when you can!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to both of you.. and please do share pics of your fur babies with us.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

Welcome to the forum :D
Make sure to post photos of your poochies soon!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome! It breaks my heart when I hear about the conditions some breeders allow their puppy's to live in. I'm glad Molly found a home that will love and take great care of her. Please post pictures:)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yay!! I'm glad you found us here. This is a great community of chi lovers and I'm sure you will love it.

Post some pics of your new cutie! :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, I highly respect people that rescue...I am so glad she is doing so well compared to what she was born into. Sounds like she has a wonderful forever home with you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts