Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
:shock: OH Honey we will pray for you. I personally know what you are going thrue and it is _ _ LL. :cry: But keep your spirits up if you caught it early you can beat it. :wink: and as for the breeder not returning calls thats sad cause all the pups will likely get it and possibly the mom. the breeder needs to know and any reputable breeder would refund the dog fee or help with vet fees. Im very sorry you baby chi is sick and may God be with you over the next few days. :wave: Keep us advised on her condition.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am so happy that Gita is getting better!! I cannot wait to see a pic of her.
How odd that the breeder is ignoring you...that doesnt sound good.
Best of luck with little Gita and keeping hopes up that she continues to get better!

-Jessica

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I definatley wouldnt stop on the breeder send her a registered letter. How heartless can someone be to not even call back to see if pup is ok. Idefinatley wouldnt recommend her. there is a post on puppy laws in your state no matter what the breeder puts in a ccantract state laws over rule.

Special State "Lemon" LawsBecause disclosure laws aren't enough to solve the problem, some states are concentrating on protecting buyers instead of policing sellers. Following the example set by lemon laws that give car buyers a procedure to get a refund or a new car if theirs turns out to be a hopeless lemon, a few states have adopted similar laws for pet buyers. Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont and Virginia all have such laws.

Generally, these laws give owners who find themselves with sick pets have one or more of these choices:

Return the animal for a refund, including the cost of veterinary services that were needed to determine that the animal was ill or to relieve its suffering.
Exchange the animal for another, and also getting reimbursement for certain veterinary expenses.
Special State "Lemon" Laws
Because disclosure laws aren't enough to solve the problem, some states are concentrating on protecting buyers instead of policing sellers. Following the example set by lemon laws that give car buyers a procedure to get a refund or a new car if theirs turns out to be a hopeless lemon, a few states have adopted similar laws for pet buyers. Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont and Virginia all have such laws.

Generally, these laws give owners who find themselves with sick pets have one or more of these choices:

Return the animal for a refund, including the cost of veterinary services that were needed to determine that the animal was ill or to relieve its suffering.
Exchange the animal for another, and also getting reimbursement for certain veterinary expenses.
Keep the animal and receive reimbursement for reasonable veterinary costs of trying to cure the animal. The amount of reimbursement is usually limited to the purchase price of the pet.
In most states, the owner has one to two weeks to return the animal, with a certificate from a veterinarian stating that the dog has a serious disease or congenital defect that was present when the dog was sold. If the dog suffers from a congenital disorder, the owner may have up to a year to return it to the pet store.

To make sure consumers know of their rights under these laws, several states require pet stores to give buyers a written notice explaining them. In some states, the form must contain a certificate for a veterinarian to complete if the animal turns out to have a serious illness or congenital defect.

In most states, the owner has one to two weeks to return the animal, with a certificate from a veterinarian stating that the dog has a serious disease or congenital defect that was present when the dog was sold. If the dog suffers from a congenital disorder, the owner may have up to a year to return it to the pet store.

To make sure consumers know of their rights under these laws, several states require pet stores to give buyers a written notice explaining them. In some states, the form must contain a certificate for a veterinarian to complete if the animal turns out to have a serious illness or congenital defect.

http://www.malteseonly.com/lemon.html

And since the breeder is not being responsable I would definately follow through. send a registerd letter he/she must sign for with copies of info from vet never send originals

well wishes and speedy recovery[/url]

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
oh what great news! i was on the edge of my seat when i seen this post up again. i said please be good news, since we haven't ahd an update in a little bit! oh thank god! power in prayers and hope! can't wait to see pics of gita (cute name by the way!)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.