Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new here and new to owning a chihuahua. I brought my Scout home three weeks ago from the shelter I work at. She is 9 months old and probably a chihuahua mix. She is joining my pit/lab mix and my two cats (plus many foster kittens and the occassional rescue dog). She is such a sweetheart. Very smart and gentle, but also mischevious and quite the chewer!!

Here she is. She looks like a miniature german shepherd.

Funny face!!

Cuddling and playing with her new kitty brother, Scooter. They are pals and partners in crime!

Waving!!

With her temporary siblings: Piper is a rescue chi who stayed with us for a week. He has been severely neglected and is literally skin and bone. We fattened him up a bit before he went to his new foster home. And Josie is a silly foster kitten who is going to her new home on Friday. And Scout gets along with everyone.

I am going to make Scout a therapy dog because she has the perfect personality for it. Scooter is going to be her partner because he is an inspirational disabled kitty.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Hello and welcome! Scout is a handsome chi. Kudos to you for adopting him and giving him a loving, forever home.

Thank you for fostering other dogs and cats too.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Awwww what an adorable puppy :love5:
I was going to name my Carl 'Scout' I love that name!! But my brother wanted to pick the name :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you!

Thank you for all the nice comments about Scout. Not only is she my first chi, she is my first small dog. I've never had a dog under 50 lbs before (except for a cocker that was 30 lb). So this is all new to me. I will probably have many questions in the future...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
She's adorable, congratulations on getting her. :D It's so great that you rescued her. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah Goosemoose!! Jenilyn, I have a rescue dog right now that looks identical to your Guhner!! I will post pics soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts