Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We've redone the thing 4 times ;) This time I think we did it right :lol: The koi we got were pretty small & they have really grown the other fish were born here when we bought these fish one of them had babies they were alot more but the koi ate quite a few of them. We have 4 algae eaters we just got they get huge fast. We had so much trouble with algae but we got a UV light & it works wonders. We've learned alot about ponds since we started all this. We've probably had a pond for 7 yrs now maybe. We're planning to get a couple more koi & add some lily pads I saw some gorgeous variegated lily pads the other day. Everything does really good as long as we keep the algae in check.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wow, turtles are so rare here in England - they cost hundreds of pounds if you want to get one :p That looks like a lovely home for the surviving two though!

All we have is frogs and toads!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I LOVE turtles!! I've always wanted some.
Baby turtles are just sooo cute :love5:

I almost bought two tiny little turtles from a reptile show I went to a few years ago.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
How cute!! And your pond is so pretty! I've had a lot of turtles growing up. They're good pets :)
I can't imagine them being RARE! There are so many turtles down here lol I've rescued some out of busy roads and you can feed them when you go fishing in just about any lake or canal.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Lol, yeah, I've only ever seen one pet turtle over here in England, and it belonged to a really rich person :p I guess it's because of the colder climate?

Omg, $5 though? I thought they'd be at least $25-$50 xD

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually Lin once you get it all started with a filter & a UV light its fairly easy the most imprtant thing is to get a good thick liner. A rat chewed through the last liner we had. Now they're building a house behind us so I don't think we'll have many rats now thank heavens. We clean the filter about every 2 weeks which is pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts