Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

OK, it wasn't expected but yesterday I got a new dog, he is just like Scruffy only smaller, cuter and softer (to the touch)

I have decided to call him 'Tidy'

Here he is:

OK, ok, it's Scruffy after visiting the groomers lol :)

Here are some before and after pics so you can see the difference, (they were taken on my phone so not very good - sorry)

Before:

After:

Hee hee, I totally LOVE his new look and his coat is sooooooooo soft and velvety now, I can't keep my hands off him. He looks so much smaller now and in fact I have to tighten his harness on the next hole now the fuzz is out the way lol

Here is a pic from when I first got him - he looks just like this again IMO only bigger:

Oh, and this is a pic of him snuggled this morning:

You can see now his darker stripes in his coat that makes him look like a little tiger :)

My hub says he looks like a school boy who just had a hair cut, I laughed for ages at that.

The groomer said that although she usually prefers big dogs, she totally adored Scruffy and enjoyed grooming him as he was so lovely.

Hope you enjoyed the pics and thanks for looking xxxx

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ms_P said:
He's sooooo cute!

Any progress on using his leg yet?
Thank you :)

Did you get my Pm that time?

It will take a while still to recover but he does seem to be getting better - he only really puts weight on it and walks normal when we are out and he pulls on the lead like crazy but that's fine with me as long as he is using it.

I have put him on Glucosamine Sulphate tablets and I really think that is helping him too.

The vet also suggested I look into hydrotherapy to help rebuild the muscle so I am trying to find a decent place locally, either that or I will get a paddling pool for the garden.

Thanks for asking and I hope you and your sweeties are well too xxx

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Oh that's great! I'm so glad he's using it!
I was wondering about the therapy. They told me I could put Koke in the bath tub filled up, but I couldn't get it full enough so her legs wouldn't touch the bottom LOL. A pool is a great idea and probably less costly too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
He is such a cutie and I really like his name. May I ask what happened to his leg? I searched but didn't find it (probably looked wrong). I have a 16 y/o Blue Heeler x that was hit by a car 9 years ago. Her back right leg was turned around backwards. She generally walks on 3 legs but does use the bad leg from time to time when she walks. My niece is an occupational therapist and she suggested some mobility exercises. We worked with Pepper (the dog) for 3 months getting the leg to have stability and muscle tone. The tendons were over stretched so the leg is "loose". She has done quite well. She is a working cow dog. She went back to work after about 6 months and uses the bad leg as a rudder rather using all 4 legs. When she runs, she only puts it down when she is making a quick change in direction or to keep her going the way she wants. She's retired now and living the life of luxury but still helps with the horses occassionally.

I hope your little guy recovers nicely.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for all your nice comments :)

Scruffy was born with a hip problem called Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease (aseptic or avascular necrosis of the femoral head) and had an op to try to remedy it, he also has Luxating Patellas.

I hope your pooch is ok too xxx

Ms_P: I tried the bath tub too and had the same problem, I was able to make him swim in it though when i held his body slightly above the waterlbut it freaked Scruffy out too much so i decided that I wouldn't put him through that again.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Im glad to see scruffy is getting better!!!

He is a little cutie! What groomers do you go to? I take mine to pets pavillion and they are always smell soo good after!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts