Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

This is Picture of my new little girl. She is very Tiny. She is only 6 weeks. I think she should have stayed with Momma while longer. But the Lady wanted all them gone. so I think I can take better care of her. She is eating, but I am going to add formula for while. The lady not breeder, she had female and got male and was going to get her fixed but she was too late. she took Him in.
I haven't named her yet. Cant make up my mind.
I am going to weigh her, need to find my scale. We gutted our kitchen, everything in boxes.
She loves giving kisses.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Wow, Theresa, your baby is indeed so young and small. I am so sad to know the lady who had the mom and litter was determined to separate these little ones from their mom at only 6 weeks old. I will be saying a prayer for you and your precious baby.. I raised Bandy from 5 weeks old without his mom, but it took a tremendous amount of time, patience, and prayers. If I had not had the help of our other chis to baby sit him, it would have been even more difficult. I used Nutrical supplement to maintain his sugar level and to encourage him to eat and it was extremely vital in my opinion.. Looking forward to watching your little one grow. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all, I lost my Pom little over 2 months ago and I have been so sad, and lost. I seen these cute baby's on Craig list so I called. The Picture she posted they look much bigger. I was shocked to see how small she was. My little girl had two brothers and I am worried about them. I raise new born Pom's that had to be bottle feed so I am able to care for her. The lady took mom away at night and wouldn't let her have them anymore and posted on Graig's, she gave puppies puppy chow. I am getting some orijen puppy today. She is so beautiful. She will be so loved and taken good care of, spoiled. She loves giving kisses.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh, I am so happy to know you have experience in raising a newborn small breed pup... Thank goodness someone like you was able to give this baby her forever home! I just pray her brothers have gone to someone who has the knowledge, dedication, and time that will be necessary to successfully see them thru the next few critical weeks of their development. Please keep us updated on how things are going and of course please post lots of pics of the baby! Blessings, Deb

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! I too am really sad that she let her go so young. I am glad you have experience in raising a baby. I agree with the above get some Nutri-Cal on hand and give often. She is adorable and I look forward to seeing more pics and watching her grow :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Welcome. I got Pepper at 6 weeks old, too. Man was selling babies under a tree in front of the grocery store in 100 degree heat. He was the smallest and was not looking well. I hated leaving his two brothers there, but they were much bigger and more active. I didn't bottle feed him, but I did mix formula in with his wet food and I only used Nutracal twice, when I first brought him home and the first night when I waited too long between feedings. After that, he did fine, but I did have to feed once in the midle of the night for the first week. Best of luck on your little cutie.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, she is adorable. I am glad you will be able to give her a good home.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hi nice to meet you and weel done with your baby i have just got my first chi cross pug who is 6-7 weeks old but i was told he was older untill i took him to the vets good luck with yours

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Decided on her name...

My Teeny tiny chi now has a name, Amberleah lou lou :angel13:

My husband liked Amber, daughter likes Leah, I like lou lou
So we are all happy.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Aww! Bless!
I am sure you will take an excellent care of her
Its a shame the lady couldn't keep her for another 2 weeks at least :(

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She had no clue, she was feeding them hard puppy chow. She wanted them gone. She even said she took mother way two nights before. So hopefully the people that got her brothers know how to care for them. She is a sweet heart, when she wants to play and you don't let her out she has a fit. she plays just few mins and wants to fall asleep on my slipper. So cute.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts