Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bambi came to us a shy broken dog. She has been abused, whether physically or emotionally it is hard to say- probably both :foxes15:. She can only handle so much attention before she goes back to her safe zone (her pet crate with the door removed). Everyday we work with her even-- our friends have got into the act to show her kindness and not hate. I have tried to get photos of her before now, but when the camera came out she would shake and freak out and hide. I got her July 23, she is a deer headed fawn chi, her name was something vulgar in spanish and I refused to call her that, Bambi came to me as a good name as she looks so deerish compared to my other chis, she took to her new name as if she was born to it. I gave her the nickname Bam-Bam as she needed a tough nickname. And it is possible she is pregnant, will have to wait a few more weeks to know for sure. My husband and I finally got her relaxed enough to accept a camera, so without further adieu, Miss Bambi:

This one you can see the camera was scaring her so I quit:

·
Registered
509 Posts
:'( they gave her a horrible name as well? I know thats probably the least of the abuse but I just find that heartbreaking.
So glad for her that she found you, how old is she?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The previous owner (not the abuser) said that he was told she was four years old. He knew that I had the time and patience to deal with this situation, he couldn't even get her to come to him.

She was in the last week of heat when I got her, and she is showing signs of pregnancy but it could be a false one. I am delaying all shots and spaying until we know for sure, The vet is going to take blood this week and see if it tests positive but it is still early.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts