Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I'm waiting for my breeder's pups to arrive (if they do), as the mother of this dog is notorious for false pregnancies. The pups were supposed to arrive on Valentine's day, but as I can tell so far, they haven't! So, it is possible that it was just a false pregnancy! :( Hopefully not ... but in the meantime ...

I am deciding if I'm leaning more towards another female or male. I don't know much at all about males. Can anyone give me any input?

In any of your experiences, how well do two females get along together? Does one female and one male seem to get along better than two females? Are males more cuddly, because I have heard this! How about the marking issue... is this an issue with all males? Any other issues with males that are important to know? Any input would be fabulous! ;)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I say go with a male! Opposite sex is best imo. Just get him neutered young, around 6 months.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Hmm Males and females have always worked best, but my recommendation is that is your hoping for a white boy and all don't get a long haired. You will end up with yellow spots when he pee's lol.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I've always had male-female combos and its worked well. No jealousy issues or anything like that. I've also heard that neutered males make the best companions and going by my limited experience (Axle is only my 2nd boy and the JRT I had growing up was not neutered - bad idea, puppies were the result) this is true. Chloe loves everybody but i'm definitely Axle's person.

I'm sure Roxy would love a little bro :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hmm Males and females have always worked best, but my recommendation is that is your hoping for a white boy and all don't get a long haired. You will end up with yellow spots when he pee's lol.
In all seriousness, Lacey gets pretty darn yellow, too. Even when she decides to pee outdoors, she still turns yellow. No amount of bath wipe clean-up or brightening shampoo can fix it.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
In all seriousness, Lacey gets pretty darn yellow, too. Even when she decides to pee outdoors, she still turns yellow. No amount of bath wipe clean-up or brightening shampoo can fix it.
Weird I don't have that problem with Chanel. What if you trim her bum & pants area?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Weird I don't have that problem with Chanel. What if you trim her bum & pants area?
It doesn't matter. She sits straight down when she pees. She doesn't squat. There's nothing wrong with her knees or anything. She's just not terribly bright when it comes to keeping clean. She gets angry when she's dirty, too. She has to get a bath every week or else she spends hours and hours trying to lick the yellow stains away. Gross.

Back on topic, my vote is a little brother for your chi!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip about the white ... I do not want those yellow stains! Ew! Gross! LOL. Glad you don't have that problem LS! I would LOVE to have a white chi next... I think they're so cute. Anyways ... I'm sensing a unanimous vote here ... lol!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
In my pack, it seems like everybody takes turns picking on everybody else!!! Just the usual stupid stuff. As for attachment, Finn (LH Male) and Peanut (short hair female) are my most attached. But I have NEVER had such devotion as I do from Peanut. I think it's because she was a breeder for 5 years (who knows how many litters) and is now fixed and pack Mom and MY MOM! She would literally give her life for me. She's a bit of a jealous cat, though, which i think is a female trait. Anyway, I'd vote for a boy for your girl.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Two Girls Get On Well (I Have A Girl Chi Cross And Girl Boarder Collie LOL) And From What I Know Boys And Girls Get On (My Mate Has A Girl Chi And Boy Chi) But really it depends on what dog comes to you! , the thing is tbh you cant chose one! theres ALWAYS one that wont leave you alone! Lol , Gd luck with the new pup , Post pics When You Know :) x

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don't have 2 female chis, but I do have one that lives on the property. She and Holly get along beautifully. Okay, so it's not exactly the same as they don't live together, but they do visit fairly often and when they do, they always get along great. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts