Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How I first met my little angel is kinda unique.

I foster for a small dog rescue, STFBR.org. I've always had a love for smaller sized dogs. However Chihuahuas have placed a claim on my heart.

Jaelyn, then called ChiChi, was our third foster dog for the rescue. The moment I saw her I fell in love with her. Within five hours I *knew* I couldn't ever give her up. I made myself wait until 2 days to make sure it wasn't a whim to adopt her. By the 2nd day I loved her even more and was positive I wanted her in our family. Luckily she wasn't yet spoken for. My area co-ordinator told me she purposely place her with us because she 'knew' we'd fall in love with her. She was right. :p

So that's how we adopted our little girl. The only background info we have on her is that she was an owner turn in from a breeder. She was three years old when she came to us. I'm not sure how many times she was bred before coming to the rescue. However I can say that she did not come from a puppy mill. While she had a problem with housetraining at first and had a small dislike for men she was lovable and very well adjusted personality wise. She had a guardian angel before she came to us. :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing this sweet story of how you came to have Jaelyn in your heart and your family. She is such a lucky girl that she found you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts