Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um, my birthday is approaching so as a surprise - OH took me out and bought me a Keurig! He even went all out and got the "special edition"!

For those who don't know this eliminates my trips to the coffee shop. It brews 1 cup at a time and it's delightful! The cups are a little pricey, but i've heard watching amazon/ebay really pays off!

I was so surprised, it brews hot and cold coffee and tea AND hot cocoa, cider, etc. :]

The pups can't figure out why i'm dancing around the house happily cleaning, little do they know mommy got in her coffee fix with some extra bold dark roast!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Those are great! My favourite is the "Breakfast Blend", but I can't remember the brand name.

I'm a coffee fanatic, too. And I'm loving the new cold coffees McDonalds has!

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
score BIG points for your OH! I was looking at one of these and they are quite pricey :D
In the long run, you will save $ if you brew at home. What a thoughtful gift!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Bosh one that makes the most beautiful Latte and cappuccino wouldn't be without it MMmmmm
mmm, Latte sounds good right about now..!

Those are great! My favourite is the "Breakfast Blend", but I can't remember the brand name.

I'm a coffee fanatic, too. And I'm loving the new cold coffees McDonalds has!
You like the McD's ones? I only have had one but I wasn't thrilled, it was a $4 coffee that tasted like it should have been $.50 - might have been the location I went to but it was y-u-c-k.

score BIG points for your OH! I was looking at one of these and they are quite pricey :D
In the long run, you will save $ if you brew at home. What a thoughtful gift!
It definitely was pricey, Target had them in their ad paper for $149.99 this week, not sure if it was a sale, but the one right below this one was $120 down to like $89, only difference was the hot/cold control and a digital display, so if like my mom you aren't a cold coffee drinker - don't offer her any, she doesn't care what flavor she'll scowl at you, the less expensive ones have just as good of reviews!

been thinking of getting one of those...... thanks for the review :)
Np Jan, treat yourself I think. The machine actually cleans itself after every cup so if you use filtered or bottled water there will be much much less buildup like with a regular machine, which is why i'm so smitten - i've tasted coffee from friends machines that taste just as good as the first, on machines that are years old whereas I was replacing my Mr. Coffee 4cups twice a year or so with all the buildup.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Very cool, My husband is a big coffee drinker, his birthday is tues, I might have to go get one for him. Happy Birthday!!!
The box we got came with a 12pack of Kcups inside so if he is a coffee snob like I am he can feel it out and see what flavors suit him.

Believe it or not, coffee is very complex :p The machine came with a book inside that helps you "Find your taste"

Some people are coffee shop people, morning blend, extra bold, etc.

edit: OH AND!!! Most of the Kcups are produced by companies that enforce Fair Trade in their products which means they meet agreed environmental, labour and developmental standards around the world. As coffee is grown in many foreign countries where people are often taken advantage of, I find this very cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts