Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the saddl efitter come tomorrow and decided it best to clean my boys up a bit. My god their manes were thick of dry clods of mud.

It took ages to brush out and I used Mane and tail conditioner.

So this is Kyle, 22years old

Spike 7 years old

Can you guess the breed

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
O theyre both beautiful boys Deme! I love horses so much. When I was younger I rode all the time, even worked at a ranch taking people out on trail rides. It is such a great feeling. How lucky to have two, Id love to own a horse someday.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Louise Spike says you got to ride him this time as he was jealous when you rode Kyle :p

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Katy

When I was a kid I always asked for a horse for Xmas and my ma always said "I'll buy you two"

So every Christmas I woke up upset coz there was never a horse.

Then at 10 years old I met a bloke with 5 horses I rode them for about 20 years. During this time I also worked with horses and later had my son.
My son on his 7th Birthday asked for a horse so I bought an unsuitable pony that my son named Charlie. Then a month later I bought Kyle who came as a surprise to me.

Charlie I give to the livery owner who kept him for years.

My son lost interest in Kyle after a year.. boys eh !! But I couldn't sell Kyle and have now had Kyle 18 years. Spike I bought to take over from Kyle in the carriage but so called trainer ruined him. But being one to keep horses I have now been lucky to have had Spike 3 years.

So my dream of a pony and being told I could have two has came true.

I feel so lucky to have my two horses and two dogs. My life with them is complete.

The best thing is Kyle actually saved both our lives in a near drowning incident a few years back.

Even when I am in pain or ill I will drag myself to the stables to make sure they are okay and as you can guess they are spoilt rotton.

Deme x

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Can you post full body profile shots?

I LOVE HORSES. I get obnoxious about it sometimes, it's how all my friends know me lol.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
They are gorgeous Deme! Just beautiful. I love horses. Never had one though, even though I begged and begged as a child.

One Christmas, when I was about 8, I woke up Christmas morning - dashed downstairs and there was a note saying .... "look in the garage!" I was ECSTATIC!!! My dad says "I'll give you a clue - you can ride it!" I ran to the garage and busted the door open and there stood.... a bicycle.

I burst into tears. I bawled and bawled. I wanted a horse so bad. My parents must have been so disappointed. I can still remember the anticipation and then the let down of seeing that stupid bike when I wanted a horse. ;)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope Spike the brown horse is not Welsh far from it...

Here is a better pic of Kyle

and Spike

Deme x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh Tracy you must have had an awful Xmas that year, expecting to see two eyes looking at you to see two wheels instead would have been horrid and you were so young...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
They are beautiful! Our neighbor has horses, and the girls always bark and wag their tails at them and they look back and have fun with each other lol.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Ahh Tracy you must have had an awful Xmas that year, expecting to see two eyes looking at you to see two wheels instead would have been horrid and you were so young...
oh yeah, it was the most awful Christmas for me ever!! I loved horses so much. My poor parents! ha! They must have been devastated too. ;)

I think Spike looks a lot like our quarter horses here. Maybe with a bit of arabian thrown in. His head is beautiful!

Kyle looks more like our draft horses but not quite as big. He's gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay a couple of clues

The Liver Chestnut is 14.2hh full breed (not crossed) and arab is very close.. as his breed and the arab have similar characteristics.

The black pony (my baby) is 13.2hh and is crossed with a Dales but can you see what his main gene is?

Deme x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a long but great day today, I got to have a ride on Spike, okay it lasted a mere 5-10min but I was ecstatic.. walking only with the odd stride of trot but oh man...! it was great..

It was while I was having my new saddle fitted for him and it was so nice to have a sit on him. I could have just sat there and never moved.

Wish I never had these problems so I could ride more...

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
Well, I am VERY limited on horse speak... I only know TN walking horses... Quarter horse... general ponies....lol... but I also always wanted one for Christmas.... I begged and begged (we lived in a small town).... my mom told me my brother was bringing me home a horse for Christmas(he was in college)... woke up Christmas morning to find a horse that had been removed from a Carousel in the back yard...... MAN, I was mad a HELL...... they all thought it was funny... no wonder I am so wacky now......LOL

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hmmm.... is the pony a New Forest cross? Either way hes beautiful!!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope not a hair of New Forest in him... tee hee keep em coming

Another clue he is crossed with a very well known breed in the UK but not from England...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts